Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released  (Read 97906 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2010, 02:59:51 pm »

Woah there were like 15 new fixes added, now 26 fixes in total in the upcoming .03

New stuff:

- 0000018: [Pathfinding] Pathfinding fails to update after map changes (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000103: [General] Dwarfs get stuck in buildings (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000176: [General] Pathfinding not working properly with grates and ramps (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000225: [General] Cannot find path to build bug (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000317: [Pathfinding] Constructing staircases causes pathing problems. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000346: [Dwarf Mode -- Items] Recently cut wood logs not usable (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000529: [Pathfinding] Yet another way to break pathfinding, this time with a rock. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000559: [Pathfinding] Miners won't mine some squares (at first) (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000623: [Dwarf Mode -- Buildings, General] Cannot build constructions over empty spaces (INCLUDES SAVE) (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000635: [General] Removing a construction and replacing it with a different one sometimes fails to list the closest stone (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000769: [Pathfinding] Dwarves cannot dump items through doors. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000776: [Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Announcements: Message Spam] Butcher cancels Butcher an Animal: Could not find path. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000901: [Pathfinding] Cutting off access to outside areas causes lag and buggy pathfinding. (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000984: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Constructions (walls etc)] Dwarves path to suspended constructions, get stuck (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0000990: [Pathfinding] I tracked down the source of the pathfinding/job item misplaced bug (Toady One) - resolved.
- 0001005: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Cancellation and Suspension] Bridge over a pit by only entrance to fort breaks pathfinding (Toady One) - resolved.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2010, 03:06:38 pm »

I marked those 15 because, well, here's the note I posted on them:

This and other issues are being marked resolved because they fit the symptoms of the general pathing bug described by issues #18 and #70.  If this issue represents an additional bug, it will most likely present different symptoms in 31.03, and a new report should be submitted.

Maybe they should be marked as duplicates instead, I dunno.  If people care about the numbers I probably should do that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:10:55 pm by Footkerchief »

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »

Using that logic, Evil Genius is just as good because one patch fixed, and I quote, a "rare crash involving monkeys".
Evil Genius was an awesome game. Too bad we didn't get an expansion or EG2 out of it.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2010, 04:07:41 pm »

Seriously, if you have time to beg for graphics support, you can better spend that on making them. There's 50+ types of items that need to have 20+ types of materials applied to them. Next to that there's smoothed floors, constructed floors, living rock, smoothed living rock, and engraved things+ their orientations and connections to each other. And before anyone even dares to mention the word 'pallet-swap' may I remind you that there's a subtle difference between a wooden table, a stone table, a metal table, and a glass table?

/Is very passionate when it comes to pixelart!

If Toady does ever get around to adding more graphics support I'll be more than happy to do my part on the tilesets.  Believe me, nobody wants more variety in the display of item types than I do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:03:36 pm by Lemunde »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »

Hey Toady, I wonder if issue 581 that you said you fixed, is related to what I'm seeing with primates in issue 1032.

That report of mine could be placed in the text/typos section since it involves some typo (maybe?) in the raws.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

Yeah, I think apes are all quadrupeds in the raws, but since we think of them as having arms and hands and fingers, I probably stuck fingers on them instead of "front toes".  There's this 5TOES_FQ_FINGERS thing or whatever.  The problem with this method, assuming the fingers are attaching, is that they'd be attaching to a "front foot", so it still sounds goofy.

Stance arms are probably the ticket here, though the quadruped would have to be dropped then.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2010, 08:38:16 pm »

Yea, I'll check them out in 31.03 and I'll make a new post in that report of mine to update it whether or not it still happens.

Dewar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2010, 02:50:09 am »

Awesome, one of the three major bugs that's been ruining my fun (or maybe giving me to much of it?) fixed. Now I just need to get my stuck military men back to the civilian life, and to be able to re-fill noble positions after they die.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2010, 02:37:22 am »

*Sob* I want to play so badly on my Mac *sob*
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]