Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arsenal Dwarf Non Existant?  (Read 3658 times)

rossbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal Dwarf Non Existant?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »

I was missing the arsenal dwarf with a population of 41. The problem was fixed after I edited the raws a little. Whether it was fixed because I edited the raws, I don't know. But if you still can't appoint an arsenal dwarf, here's what I did:

-Find the arsenal dwarf entry in entity_default.txt
-Change [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20] to some number above your current population (42 for me)
-Load, save, and quit
-Change [REQUIRES_POPULATION:42] back to [REQUIRES_POPULATION:20]
-Marvel as the arsenal dwarf position pretends it was never missing!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »

Perhaps it was the save-and-quit? I've heard of the AD postion just randomly showing up for a lot of people later than it should've, so there should be some consistent reason it returns.

rossbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 02:43:33 pm »

I tried using a seasonal autosave with a missing arsenal dwarf and 41 population. No amount of saving and reloading made the AD show up. On the other hand, no amount of editing the population requirement in the raws did anything either. So my earlier assumption seems to have been wrong.

Still, I can't make the AD show up in the nobles list just by saving and quitting.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:11 pm »

Sounds like it's time for an official bug report in the bug report forum.

Nick

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »

I think nobles update every summer (around the time when the elven caravan leaves). Thats when new mayors are appointed, and I believe its when it updates for the availability of nobles. Did you wait a year after you got the reqs?

As for editing the files, I think you need to generate a new world to have changes to the nobles take effect. In one fort I tried making the dungeon master assignable via the mayor so I could train exotic underground animals in a small population fort and I waited a year and it never came up (and yes, I copied the file into the save raw file), but regenerating a new world made it work on embark.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 [2]