Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breaking News: Moody Dwarf Brings Bricks to Loom  (Read 3213 times)

Nezumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breaking News: Moody Dwarf Brings Bricks to Loom
« on: August 18, 2018, 02:31:52 am »

Kumil Kûbukmözir has secretively claimed a clothiers shop.  I inspected the contents of the shop to find that she has hauled over some bricks for the, uh, 'construction' of some kind of artifact.
Will it be a ☼Bold New Statement in Fashion☼ or a XXDress Made of BricksXX?  Personally I'm hoping it'll be a fine brick veil.

(...and I know it'll probably be just studded with brick or something, but whatever.)
"Urist McFlirtypants cancels erect tent: Interrupted by goose."
-OR-
"Urist McCorporateliability cancels conduct sexual harassment meeting: Interrupted by goose."

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Moody Dwarf Brings Bricks to Loom
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 04:36:56 am »

The bricks are only for decoration. Dwarves use so small amount of decoration material, that it doesn't even change mass of the final object. I suppose the bricks are scrapped to get that red dye and then discarded. The dwarves are very wasteful...

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 01:31:21 pm »

You've been leaving us hanging here, what was the final result of the mood?

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 02:06:58 pm »

The bricks are for throwing at the other dwarves when he realizes you're out of shells.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:10 pm »

Back in the old 2D versions, fey dwarves who wanted blocks would scream "I must have the proper surface to work on!", and those blocks would simply be destroyed when the mood was finished (i.e. they were not used to add a decoration); when the game went 3D (in version 0.27,169.32a), moody dwarves kept asking for blocks, but they no longer treated them as special, instead just using them for decorations like everything else.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 07:22:47 am »

Cloth and bricks? Maybe she's invented a new weapon called a "brick in a sock"?

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 11:27:29 am »

Cloth and bricks? Maybe she's invented a new weapon called a "brick in a sock"?

You see a Sheep Wool Sock of the highest quality. On the sock is an image of a sock striking a dwarf in the head, made of elk bird leather. The sock is decorated with spikes of pangolin bone and pink garnets. Inside the sock are three stonewear bricks.

Nezumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:03 am »

Dang, I forgot to post here until after I traded the artifact away.  It was a dress with an image of another artifact I had made, in brick.  I think the previous artifact was a donkey bone ring.
"Urist McFlirtypants cancels erect tent: Interrupted by goose."
-OR-
"Urist McCorporateliability cancels conduct sexual harassment meeting: Interrupted by goose."