Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 364721 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Hello! This thread is no longer maintained. Please visit http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137370.0 for the current thread.

As always, you can download the Mayday Graphics Pack at:

http://goblinart.pl/vg-eng/df.php

If you have any troubles or questions, please read the FAQ (located on the main page) and then post them in this thread.
I will not be answering questions that are already answered in the FAQ.

There is a high possibility that I forget to include something in a release. If that happens, ask around on the forums- if others confirm that this is indeed a DFG bug, be sure to send me an e-mail about it (unless I will have also responded in the forums).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:11:48 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

Sormus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFG24 - DF2010 update
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »

Nvm, i can't read.

**edit for content**

Thanks for updating so quickly.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:11 pm »

Thanks for keeping up the fine work! Quick question though. What is the "Objects - Changes" directory for, exactly? Are these optional updates one can implement by saving over the object files? Are they original-version backups of changed files? What sorcery is this?!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:22:51 pm »

Shift + . or , don't work for me, I've checked that they've been set correctly and that caps is off but I can't move up or down any of the z levels.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:24:33 pm »

Shift + . or , don't work for me, I've checked that they've been set correctly and that caps is off but I can't move up or down any of the z levels.

If you look again, you will see that Mike has them set to / and *.  I just re-mapped them to my preferred settings and everything works fine.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:56:16 pm »

Ugh, damn, I keep leaving it as / and *, sorry.
I'll add that to the FAQ

Ven: this is a backup folder for me. It contains all the raw files I did changes to, just in case.
<3

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 04:47:17 pm »

Hehe, yeah, stop that. ;)

I kid, it's really easy for us to fix and you're putting in a slew of work.

In the previous version before this updated one I still got the purple skeleton for doctors. I'm not sure if those have been added yet. Will be redownloading this version in a little bit and gen up a new world.

Did you only change the raws from v1 to v2? So if I back up my init folder I could just overwrite the init folder it pulls down instead of having to mess with resetting all my preferred init settings?
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

MorphingJar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »

So.  when you mean we have no graphics for new professions and what not.  They will just be defaults? or black squares?

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:13 pm »

So.  when you mean we have no graphics for new professions and what not.  They will just be defaults? or black squares?

No, they give a little purple skeleton - at least for the new professions (doc and whatnot). The mobs I don't know.

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 05:12:27 pm »

Oh, hey, Mike...

Do you still have some sort of weird hack (Note 5 in the FAQ) for stone control mods in the new DFG for 2010? I don't think it's necessary if you put it in there by reflex, because when I first installed DFG2010 I recall all of the stones being listed on the Stone list anyway.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:39 pm »

The only difference between dfg23 and dfg24 is a small change in the tileset bmp.
So feel free to overwrite. Both versions use raws from 31.02

As for stone control, i'll see the vanilla and compare.
<3

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 05:17:02 pm »

Hang on, I just genned a vanilla world, they're all in there. Gimmie two sec to upload a SS or two. :)

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »

Here's pages 2 and 4 of vanilla stones list:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Figured I'd try to save you some time from having to gen a world and embark. :D

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 05:59:44 pm »

Ah, ok then. The hack will be out in the next update.
<3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »

Hey I'm just wondering whats up with the two different foiders and what changes are there between the two? If I edit a file in one, will I have to edit the same file in the other folder?

It just seems a bit wierd that there are two different folders and yet you don't mention it, either on your site or in this thread.

Anyways, cool that the graphics now work for the arena properly. I've missed the expanded view this tileset has. Although the text could be made a bit bigger, not sure how to do that, but I'm ok with it atm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78