Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 365709 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve
« Reply #1155 on: October 25, 2012, 10:39:09 am »

Nope, that's not normal. Do dead trees look like this even when not snow-covered?
<3

Lomax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »

Hey Mike, I also use your graphics set and love it - thanks for putting it together - but I've also had trouble with odd looking tiles, in fact my most recent fort was high up in the mountains (in temperate woodland) and all the rock walls (before mining them) used tree sprites instead of the usual rock face ones. For example, granite was a grey palm and slate showed up as fir trees. Oh and shale looked like some sort of table and many of the plants and trees outside also had the wrong sprites. I might have mixed some of these up, but anyway - apart from making my fortress look like the entrance to the Black Lodge it kept all my dwarves busy smoothing every wall in sight (as smoothed walls looked correct).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1157 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:19 pm »

That sounds like you used the wrong raws.

And nice to see you back. :) You will be thrilled to hear that the next update of DF will require some work on tilesets ;) Multitile trees and all that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1158 on: October 25, 2012, 04:33:38 pm »

That sounds like you used the wrong raws.

And nice to see you back. :) You will be thrilled to hear that the next update of DF will require some work on tilesets ;) Multitile trees and all that.

>_>

<_<

-_-

Lomax: checkst thine raws (see if the problem persists when you start a new world+fort).
<3

Lomax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 25, 2012, 06:17:34 pm »

Lomax: checkst thine raws (see if the problem persists when you start a new world+fort).

You know what, I think that was a region I had generated on my laptop and then copied to my desktop machine... and the laptop runs 'nilla DF... *facepalm*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1160 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:03 pm »

Before I do a Mayday version for this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.0... is everything up to date, bugfree and running in 31.11, with reverted tiles for tracks and such ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1161 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:50 am »

Meph, I need to do a bugfix on the trees, I'll let you know when I'm done (hopefully today...)
<3

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »

I'm having a problem with wood Floor Hatches, they appear as just black when closed, I'm using the dfg 34.11.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

I'm having a problem with wood Floor Hatches, they appear as just black when closed, I'm using the dfg 34.11.

I got that too. it only happens when things were made of Gabbro or (I think) phylite :P

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:43 pm »

I got that too. it only happens when things were made of Gabbro or (I think) phylite :P

Ok, though I've got the floor hatches made from 4 types of surface woods, and that is the result, I haven't tested rock floor hatches.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:41 am »

Nope, that's not normal. Do dead trees look like this even when not snow-covered?

at this moment I can't answer to this, 'cause my location is pretty cold in winter and snowstorms are very common

I'll load another world and find a warmer location to check this :)

have FUN with the multitile trees (actually I didn't even get how they will look like, and having a tree tall as a mountain doesn't sound very realistic -_- but we'll see in the released version how they will look like)
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

nohrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 02, 2012, 05:30:02 pm »

hmm
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:24:17 am by nohrel »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 30, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »

Mr. Mayday, I wanted to make sure that you are aware of the Text Will Be Text mod. It allows tile set artists to do fantastic things like use a graphic for a casket without all zeros looking like caskets. Same goes for all the letters. With this mod you can somehow use a graphic for every letter without messing up the text.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:52 am »

Yep, I already use that script with Mayday version. If you guys want it I can share once I return from vacation. It looks amazing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1169 on: July 02, 2014, 09:51:55 am »

His new thread is here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137370.0 in the tileset board. :)
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]