Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 365897 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure.

There aren't any major bugs that cropped up new in .10.

I did discover a remnant of the melting bug, but that one is connected with scorching biomes and is easily worked around.

CanuckMonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ugh. Given that I currently do not play DF, these updates are becoming something of a chore... Are you guys sure there won't be another update tomorrow? Any major bugs in 31.10?

I saw this and registered on the forums just to say thanks.  You've been doing a great job keeping up with the 2010 releases, and I had assumed that you were doing this because you were playing anyway.  Your dedication is admirable!

Alcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to change the files ourselves? If we can you could post instructions.

EDIT: YES I LOOKED ON THE FAQ. I tried and it didn't work
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:16:40 pm by Alcoholic »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to change the files ourselves? If we can you could post instructions.

EDIT: YES I LOOKED ON THE FAQ. I tried and it didn't work

I was actually able to transfer over most of the stuff needed, but wasn't sure about the vermin since it looked like things had changed for the vermin for .10 as opposed to what I already had since the vermin files seemed newer and I couldn't discern what was changed. Other than the vermin having default graphics, everything seems fine for me.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh. Given that I currently do not play DF, these updates are becoming something of a chore... Are you guys sure there won't be another update tomorrow? Any major bugs in 31.10?

Actually 31.10 is a hotfix for 31.09 (the last had a couple of annoying bugs concerning pet attacking human merchants, cosidering them enemies).
It's unlikely that Toady will release one more in this month (?)

Actually, you guys could port mayday's graph to 31.10 manually. Copy the art and graphics folders and edit ini file (search the description in this thread 3-4 pages earlier or just copy the init file of current version with mayday graph to the new one). It worked for me. Don't use the legacy version one. Some strange icons may appear, but dont pay attention.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually 31.10 is a hotfix for 31.09 (the last had a couple of annoying bugs concerning pet attacking human merchants, cosidering them enemies).
It's unlikely that Toady will release one more in this month (?)

Actually, you guys could port mayday's graph to 31.10 manually. Copy the art and graphics folders and edit ini file (search the description in this thread 3-4 pages earlier or just copy the init file of current version with mayday graph to the new one). It worked for me. Don't use the legacy version one. Some strange icons may appear, but dont pay attention.

Thats basically what I did and its working fine, its just the vermin that don't have their usual graphics

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None major enough to warrant another quick-release. And why don't you play anymore?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Ok, here's the deal. It's 2AM now and I'm done with my work, gotta go to sleep. Tomorrow afternoon I'll try my best to produce an extreeeeemely detailed step by step tutorial. Hopefully THIS TIME I'll succeed...
<3

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomorrow afternoon I'll try my best to produce an extreeeeemely detailed step by step tutorial. Hopefully THIS TIME I'll succeed...

This would be fabulous! From what I gather, the issues people are having are all to do with your modifications to the raw/object files, specifically all of the "TILE" values? I'm the impatient sort, so I've set about searching for and updating those values myself, but having your list of objects (and the proper values) would be an immense time-saver. Plus, I'm sure to have missed anything else you might have changed in there. Anyway, thanks for the time and the updates!

nkn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I already did that in the thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61229.0 but no one seem to notice. You can download it at http://www.deathguise.net/mayday-ersatz.zip thanks to Symbiode. Just overwrite the game folders with folders from the archive, you'll also have to create new world probably. I used used some raws from DFG version 38_08, everything seem to work generally. Redistribute that thing if you find it useful.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:35:12 pm by nkn »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

as always mayday u astound w/ ur fucking awsumness... :D
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already did that in the thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61229.0 but no one seem to notice. You can download it at http://www.deathguise.net/mayday-ersatz.zip thanks to Symbiode. Just overwrite the game folders with folders from the archive, you'll also have to create new world probably. I used used some raws from DFG version 38_08, everything seem to work generally. Redistribute that thing if you find it useful.

This actually works. I loaded up my fortress, no problem. I was settled in on playing vanilla because I don't really like Pheobus' (Too big for my netbook screen so it appears all squished). This is astounding. All I did was drag-and-drop to my current Dwarf Fortress folder. Well done, well done! Aside from some of the color being off (brown appears kind of golden) everything is dandy! ;]

Oh-- and Markavian, nice attempt! I actually like it, it's a tad bright but then again, it's a great alternative and REALLY REALLY EASY ON THE EYES! Good job ;].

Thank you. I love having computer literates playing this game too xP
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:58:31 pm by xDarkz »

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well there's your problem.  You need to change that!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Well, if you don't enjoy doing it then stop! Nobody is forcing you to. We will live without it, if we must.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're tired of updating your Raws, why not just convert the whole thing over to a Uristmod package and never have to do it again?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53028.0

I started out with absolutely no experience modding DF about 3 hours ago, and got your tile-set merged more-or-less perfectly with the new raws, no problems. The most time-consuming part was just figuring out what you'd changed so that I could script it into the .change file for the Uristmod. On that note, here's the .change file I created so no-one has to do it again:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you changed anything in the Raws other than tile settings, I'll have missed it, but adding in color changes or whatever should be as easy as adding the tag and value to that list. Then updating becomes nothing more than slapping all of your resource files into a folder and running the Uristmod utility.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78