Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 365898 times)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're tired of updating your Raws, why not just convert the whole thing over to a Uristmod package and never have to do it again?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53028.0

I started out with absolutely no experience modding DF about 3 hours ago, and got your tile-set merged more-or-less perfectly with the new raws, no problems. The most time-consuming part was just figuring out what you'd changed so that I could script it into the .change file for the Uristmod. On that note, here's the .change file I created so no-one has to do it again:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you changed anything in the Raws other than tile settings, I'll have missed it, but adding in color changes or whatever should be as easy as adding the tag and value to that list. Then updating becomes nothing more than slapping all of your resource files into a folder and running the Uristmod utility.

You see, THATS why I love some people. Their astonishing ability to do something that saves me time.
Feel hugged mate!

cheers
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already did that in the thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61229.0 but no one seem to notice. You can download it at http://www.deathguise.net/mayday-ersatz.zip thanks to Symbiode. Just overwrite the game folders with folders from the archive, you'll also have to create new world probably. I used used some raws from DFG version 38_08, everything seem to work generally. Redistribute that thing if you find it useful.

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock
I compiled this utilizing "nkn"'s data and raw files all while using Phoebus' pre-installed package as a template, so to speak. Nkn's previous program had worked but the coloring was a bit off, hence I used Phoebus' as reference. I hope neither of them will mind. All-in-all, this should serve as a temporary (Dear god I hope it's temporary) mock and means of replacement for Mike Mayday's graphical tileset.

-- All you have to do is download this file, unzip it, transfer your save files over via drag-and-drop, delete the raw file located under \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\data\save\region *\, yes the whole entire folder. Then replace it with the raw file currently located in the primary directory, \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\. The reason for doing this is to clear out any previous mods/tilesets you might have been using to avoid graphical glitches. Another thing is that you might have to change your keybindings around a tad bit as I've edited them to conform to my laptop during testing, sorry ;O. Everything should work, as everything's been tip top shape for me during the previous few hours of gameplay.

I also included Dwarf Therapist for the few of you still struggling with trying to get it working.

If this works, please direct your thanks to the following as all I really did was move some files around. Thanks Nkn, Mike Mayday, Phoebus, DwarfEngineer, for the updated vectors, chmod; for the creation of the life-saving Dwarf Therapist, and especially ToadyOne for giving birth to this sensational game.  Thanks guys and happy Dwarfing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 03:31:10 am by xDarkz »

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock

Nice work! But It dose have some graphical glitches, like muddy dirt being blood red (or is this just me?) my farms looks like battle fields.

I hope poor Mayday don't get too much of a a hazzle with us :P

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My tiles look like this - All muddy-brownish, even the menues.
Was like this in 31.08 aswell. Wonder if its something on my side.
Tried acouple of already fixed versions in this thread, but all to the same result.

Any ideas?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats because you're using the highlighted version, try using the ones without highlights.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats because you're using the highlighted version, try using the ones without highlights.
The highlighted version?
How do I not get the highlighted version? I just got it from mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/.

Edit:
In the ini.txt it says mayday.png as graphics.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:30:42 pm by Ladde »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The highlighted version?
How do I not get the highlighted version? I just got it from mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/.

Read note 5: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

I meant replace the settings that are set to use the highlighted graphics with the sans_highlight graphics file of choice.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The highlighted version?

Read note 5: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

I meant replace the settings that are set to use the highlighted graphics with the sans_highlight graphics file of choice.

Thanks alot :)

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this highlight too?

All muddy tiles are blood red, this is my mote and it's drained for the moment, and muddy... The brown tiles on the left have never been wet and is dry.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yup thats most certainly the highlighted version either change mayday.png in the ini file to mayday-sans-highlight.png or rename the file mayday.png. 2 entries in ini to change or just the filename.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile

Given that I currently do not play DF

:(

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this highlight too?

All muddy tiles are blood red, this is my mote and it's drained for the moment, and muddy... The brown tiles on the left have never been wet and is dry.

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock & Dwarf Therapist 0.5.6c Included

Your blood-soaked fields and other various color issues should be resolve ;]. As far as the highlighted/unhighlighted tilesets goes, if you guys are still experiencing problems, don't fret! It's an extremely easy process (mentioned above). If you guys don't know how to do it still, I'll gladly do it, it takes literally a few seconds.

Sudius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this highlight too?

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock & Dwarf Therapist 0.5.6c Included

Your blood-soaked fields and other various color issues should be resolve ;]. As far as the highlighted/unhighlighted tilesets goes, if you guys are still experiencing problems, don't fret! It's an extremely easy process (mentioned above). If you guys don't know how to do it still, I'll gladly do it, it takes literally a few seconds.

xDarkz, I went out of my way to log into the forums (I'm normally a lurker), to say: THANK YOU for being so helpful and making mock updates to our favorite programs and tilesets for everyone.

If there was a way to give you a thumbs up or rep or a FREE INTERNETS COUPON, I would.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's no need to thank me, as all I really did was move and sort some files around! All the effort and hard work was done by nkm, DwarfEngineer (got DT to work), and the various other astounding creators of the game and it's oh so fabulous utilities. There's no bigger reward than seeing the entire commune working together to make for a better gaming experience.

There is something you could do for me actually.... And that's to spread the link if you found it playable and have a great time Dwarfing ;).

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't find the "[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:]" In the 31.10 ini file.
How do I turn it on?
Edit: ops worng thread.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 78