Poll

Do ya, punk?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.34.10] Mayday's Graphics Set - Even in death I still serve  (Read 365000 times)

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. The current version is .09 and this would be .08 that you'd be downloading. Though, honestly, there's probably going to be a .10 coming out soon because of a bug that causes Caravans to attack ANY Tamed animal you have.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just read this as well.

Arg.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

.Greg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good thing i downloaded .8 then

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive

Hey,

I've just made a mashup of Mayday's tileset and my own using 12x12 as the tilesize.

Curses:

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it looks pretty good; apart from the snow. I didn't have to scale the dwarf or creature graphics down; DF did that for me; so the only difference is the 12x12 tileset in the data/art/ folder and the reference in data/init/init.txt

Fully package DF 31.09; (6MB):
http://mkv25.net/df/31_09%20mayday%20mashup.zip

DFMA links:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9117-camadeametha-worldmap
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9118-gearcloud

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey,

I've just made a mashup of Mayday's tileset and my own using 12x12 as the tilesize.

Curses:

Screenshots:

I think it looks pretty good; apart from the snow. I didn't have to scale the dwarf or creature graphics down; DF did that for me; so the only difference is the 12x12 tileset in the data/art/ folder and the reference in data/init/init.txt

Fully package DF 31.09; (6MB):
http://mkv25.net/df/31_09%20mayday%20mashup.zip

DFMA links:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9117-camadeametha-worldmap
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-9118-gearcloud

Meh, too bright for me.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Looks horrid tbh, but I can't stand the 'highlights'.

KitsuneStudios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm using the mac version, so I dropped the data/art and raws/graphics folders into mayday's .8 folder into the mac .10 directory, and made the change to the INIT file to turn on the graphics. It looks like it's working fine so far.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive

Meh, too bright for me.

Looks horrid tbh, but I can't stand the 'highlights'.

Yeah, I overdid the alpha channel on the background layer. Was worth experimenting with though.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the graph. update coming soon?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be doable yourself if you just transfer over the graphics files, the init, and any graphics related settings.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be doable yourself if you just transfer over the graphics files, the init, and any graphics related settings.

Well, i tried it and i get bat-themed ore tiles and some color weirdness ... o.O
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye, i've done it. Playable, but it looks a little bit ugly and there are some messy textures (valley herbs is viewed like fish lol).

Well, i tried it and i get bat-themed ore tiles and some color weirdness ... o.O

Same here. But at least it has graphics.  :P Most of images are shown right.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

forcing me to use Pheobus's texture package -_-
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I had to do was copy over the plant_standard, the inorganics (make sure you copy and paste the new slade info though), the color thing from the init along with the other stuff that needed to be copied over and it should be fine.

I forgot about the vermin, but when I tried to copy the previous one into the DF folder, it looked like the .10 vermin files are newer, so I think I'll wait for Mayday to set it up before messing with them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:56:05 pm by smjjames »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

Ugh. Given that I currently do not play DF, these updates are becoming something of a chore... Are you guys sure there won't be another update tomorrow? Any major bugs in 31.10?
<3
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78