Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

[HUGE SPOILERS] Screw this, we're outta here.

(1/3) > >>

derekiv:
So, I punctured hell.
I immediately floor over the breech, and miraculously, the dwarves make it in time.
Desiring a challenge, I move my military to the breech and order and access hole to be dug.
I dig the whole, and wait for the demons to arrive.
And wait.
And wait.
Fed up with waiting I zoom down to hell and look for the demons.
And it turns out they're just wandering around.

This happen to anyone else?

EDIT: My military is roaming hell, killing demons.

Erk:
How did you manage to floor over the breach? My masons all fled like kittens. Did you lose the miner that breached hell?

Richards:
Care to upload a video of your df military roaming hell to http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/?

Urist Imiknorris:
I did this too. The catch was that my miner was a legendary mason, and I breached at the top of the helltube, from a diagonal. b-C-w.

KillerClowns:

--- Quote from: Urist Imiknorris on April 09, 2010, 01:22:16 pm ---I did this too. The catch was that my miner was a legendary mason, and I breached at the top of the helltube, from a diagonal. b-C-w.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I give miners who will be doing Adamantine digging some mason training; I set aside a burrow for them, and have them build meaningless walls so, in case of emergency, I can allow Raw Adamantine for common use and seal that thing right back up.
When I most recently breached hell, the demons ran straight up the tube like, well, bats outta hell, but they weren't quite quick enough.  My FPS is hurting, but I'm not dead.  Just as well, my military is walls, and a dwarf  with an iron mace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version