Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Obsidian swords no longer?

(1/1)

Igawa:
So, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, where crafting obsidian swords at a craftsdwarves shop (assigned through the job manager but it shouldn't matter) create stuff like 'acacia log sword' or 'tower-cap sword' rather than 'obsidian sword'? I hope they're still as nice as steel swords, cause I use em a lot for my weapon traps.

Bricks:
Not sure, but this might be related; I have been trying to craft shell armor (silly yeah) for quite a while.  Every time the job appeared to finish, the craftsdwarf took off with nothing in his hands.  No idea what's going on there, though the game doesn't seem to like shell armor.

Box:
If the dwarf takes the shell, does the job at the workshop, but leaves without doing anything or putting it in a stockpile, he may just be a messy dwarf.

Some dwarves leave stuff lying in their workshop even if there's stockpile space and they have the proper hauling labors - they do the work and let haulers take it away.  Use "t" to check a building, go to the workshop, and see what's in it, and even what it is made out of.

As for the sword, obsidian swords are 1 part wood to 1 part obsidian.  It may be possible that the dwarves are only taking the wood and performing the task on the wood, resulting in a wooden sword rather than an obsidian short sword, but that's a total guess.  You're making a rock short sword, correct?

EDIT: Obsidian isn't in the stone menu anymore.  Maybe that's a part of the issue.

Hyndis:

--- Quote from: Bricks on April 09, 2010, 02:46:55 pm ---Not sure, but this might be related; I have been trying to craft shell armor (silly yeah) for quite a while.  Every time the job appeared to finish, the craftsdwarf took off with nothing in his hands.  No idea what's going on there, though the game doesn't seem to like shell armor.

--- End quote ---

IIRC, there is a known bug in the bug forums about shells not working currently. The dwarf will work on the shell, gain experience points from doing so, but will not consume the shell or produce any items.

Kagus:
Rock short swords are also currently wonky.  You can make 'em out of more stuff than just obsidian now, but the result is always the same...  They'll take one log of wood, one chunk of whatever nice ore or stone happens to be "sharp", consume both, and make a wooden sword.

I'm fairly certain that the wooden sword will act with the wood's material details, not the stone's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version