Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Dwarfs crying after a slight injury?

(1/2) > >>

AxemRed:
I don't know why people are complaining that their dwarfs are going to the doctor with a scratch from sparring. My skill-less(In terms of combat) 7 initial dwarfs just wrestled and struck with mining picks, two werewolves. The only injury was a maimed knee. I was a little upset over being one dwarf down. But he just kept going. He helped wrestle a god damn werewolf, probably is in horrible pain, and continued to gather some herbs.

If anything, this patch made dwarfs manlier. Err, dwarfier.

Asmodeous:
I had a miner involved in a cave-in. He got his leg broken in two different places, and his lower arm broken.

He then proceeded to carve out the room I was making a hospital for him to get attended by the doctor by himself because the other miner was being a lazy sot and having a beer.

So yeah, I noticed that too. (Edit: Also I should mention he carried his pick in his right hand, and that was the arm that was "shattered apart")

UristMcGunsmith:
"Oh no! UristMcMiner has broken several bones! Where is a hospital when we need one!"

"I'm MAKING one!" Said UristmcMiner.

MooUK:

--- Quote from: Asmodeous on April 09, 2010, 04:34:23 pm ---I had a miner involved in a cave-in. He got his leg broken in two different places, and his lower arm broken.

He then proceeded to carve out the room I was making a hospital for him to get attended by the doctor by himself because the other miner was being a lazy sot and having a beer.

So yeah, I noticed that too. (Edit: Also I should mention he carried his pick in his right hand, and that was the arm that was "shattered apart")

--- End quote ---

I do hope you plan to reward this excellent example of true dwarfish willpower with something awesome? A gold statue in his room or something? :)

Lightning4:
I've noticed that even if a dwarf has a broken or shattered leg, they eventually are allowed to go back to work.

I had a miner injured in an ambush with a mangled arm and leg. He went back to mining after several sutures later.
Now all he has is a yellow hand, so something worked. I don't even think he got a cast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version