Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Word Fighting  (Read 834 times)

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Word Fighting
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »

How do you make your liberals use Liberal words to "fight"?

For example: an Enlightened Corporate CEO will dismiss the Reagan presidency(or whatever) when you press "F". Secretary's heart swells.

How do I get my recruited liberals and my founder to do that?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Word Fighting
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:55:41 pm »

I think only enlightened consevatives who do that while conservative can do that while liberal. You can achieve a similar effect with guitars, I think.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Zsword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »

Arch-Conservatives are tthe only people who can do this, as can the Elite Liberal, liberal Judge. The list of people who can do this is as fallows: Corprate CEO, News Anchor, Radio personality, Emminent Scientist, and Both Judges.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

What skills and stats do these arch-cons and judges use to make these attacks successful?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:35:43 pm »

Probably Heart for liberals, wisdom for conservatives. Those are the respective stats for those alignments. But thats just a guess.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:09:03 pm »

IIRC, only charisma will directly give you a bonus to persuasion but heart will increase the maximum ranks you can have in persuasion.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:56:52 pm »

According to the LCSWiki and my gaming experience, only Charisma influences your skill rank cap in Persuasion.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 03:27:54 am »

According to an old thread:

"At least in the newest code, both liberals and conservatives can use all of the special attacks according to combat/fight.cpp.

The music attack roll is between 0 and {1 + 2 * music}. Defense roll is between 0 and {music + wisdom - heart} for conservatives, {music - wisdom + heart} for liberals. A music attack will increase the music skill by the target's full defense against music attacks, and a succesful music attack by a liberal will increase the target's heart by one. Succesful music attacks by a conservative will reduce the target's juice below 100 in increments of 50, then increase wisdom, then turn the target conservative.

The debate attacks are based on various stats and skills, depending on the attacker's alignment and the attack used. For instance, a liberal corporate CEO would attack with persuasion + business, and be defended against with wisdom + business - heart.

Special attacks don't increase juice other than through crime points for disturbing the peace. "

Don't know if it's still the same.

I suppose CEOs would use business, Scientists Science, Judges  Law, but what do news achors and radio dudes use?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:00:29 pm »

Dodge and Club probably.  ;D *joke*