Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

3D tool thingy

(1/2) > >>

PTTG:
These are kind of a questi-suggestion. This 3D tool: it looks like it is integrated into DF in the screen shots. Will it be in the next released version? Also, what information can it get... for instance, just the presence of rock, or does it include fluids, items, that kind of thing? And finally: there isn't a way to designate from the 3D, now, is there? I was also wondering if the 3D mode could get textures from normal mode. If I was going to summarize that, I'd say "Is it true that DF will be in full 3D with Bump Mapping and the whole shebang?" But, that is kind of a leading question. Anyway, thank you for the time, Toady!

Future:
The 3D tool was just something toady made for himself. I think at the time he put up that screenshot he said something about it just being a little tool he made to mess around with. I dont think its ever going to be 3D an i dont think the tool will be in the next release.

hactar1:
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000896
quote: It'll be there, but like many things it'll increase in utility only very slowly and won't receive attention over long periods of time. [ July 31, 2007: Message edited by: hactar1 ]

PTTG:
Oh. Thank you, hactar1! That answers some questions. I am still wondering if fluids would be visible, though, because the way fluids work in the next version would make things like waterfalls and lavafalls amazing to see in 3D!

Toady One:
This isn't exactly a feature -- the camera angles are horrible, the controls are horrible, and you can only see permanent map squares in the current view window, so no fluids or bridges or useful things like that.  I was just messing around with the idea and I might mess around with it more later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version