Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: SUSPENDED LAVA THRONE ROOM CHALLENGE  (Read 21061 times)

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SUSPENDED LAVA THRONE ROOM CHALLENGE
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2010, 02:12:50 pm »

My DF capable computer has hit some hardware issues that need to be sorted, so I am unlikely to be able to continue. Nothing major, just need to replace a component, but i'm not likely to find time for that until next month.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2010, 08:18:06 pm »

Well, where's that challenge thread?  I'll just post here if no one shows up.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:24 pm »

It's up, but not stickied!  Tarn is taking time off so I can't get his help to do that.  But this is the thread:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58221.0

Post your throne rooms there!
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2010, 08:43:58 am »

Damn it, I need to get off (or, perhaps more accurately, on) my lazy arse and do my submission! FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2010, 01:28:11 am »

Deadline for this is today, so there's still time! Come on people :D

Nobody has entered with a modded fort yet, so break out the [SPEED:1] magma-safe uber dwarves of invulnerability, throw in a few cheat reactions to create heaps of whatever you need and you'll come up with an awesome throne room in no time. Cheat outrageously! Make a throne room out of soap, or bone, or something-that-rhymes-with-slate!

On that note... is it cheating if I submit a copy of my entry which is just a modded copy of the vanilla entry? I'm thinking my dwarves need more beard styles. ;)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2010, 01:57:37 am »

Nobody has entered with a modded fort yet, so break out the [SPEED:1] magma-safe uber dwarves of invulnerability, throw in a few cheat reactions to create heaps of whatever you need and you'll come up with an awesome throne room in no time. Cheat outrageously! Make a throne room out of soap, or bone, or something-that-rhymes-with-slate!

I could dig up my failed attempts, where I was planning on submerging a gold pyramid in lava with crystal glass windows (which can't be completed, even if you ignore the fact that goblins ATE one attempt) because you can't make crystal glass items.  You can only import Raw Crystal Glass, which you need 3 of, to make a gem window.  And I needed 20 windows.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]