Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Draft complaints, un-drafting people

(1/2) > >>

Frugal:
I noticed that if you draft a skilled dwarf, they'll have a negative thought about the draft.  Yet, if you boot them back out immediately, the negative thought remains.I think that should be different.  Add a positive thought for returning to their desired state, or something.

bbb:
perhaps a "smaller" happy thought than the negative.

Frugal:
Hey, I just noticed that this only applies to drafting workers into the Fortress Guard.  If you activate a civilian squad, then later deactivate them, they don't have any negative thoughts associated with the experience.Is this only applicable during a siege, though?

qalnor:
Hm, dwarves I think gain a happy thought when joining the guard and an unhappy one when being thrown out. Your dwarves have no messages about this at all?

Chthon:
I've had a trapper get very very pissed about getting drafted into a squad to fight off a couple lizardmen.  To combat this I released him from the draft and watched him mope about for the better part of a year, not doing much and tantruming once a season (usually in the middle of a hunt.)  Also, he stopped using a bed to sleep, even though I had 50% more beds than dwarves, and would get angry at having to sleep under the stars (which he chose to do)  He eventually cheered up and started using a bed after about 5 seasons.  Is this normal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version