Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 399610 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

Anyone know how to achieve [SPEED:1] dwarves now? I've tried to fiddle with the medians on the [PHYS_ATT: AGILITY], but my dwarves are still very slow. Trying to mod creatures ain't gonna work if I can't control their stats at all.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 04:28:04 pm »

Hm. I've noticed something odd in the Materials Template section under bone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That Items_barred tag. Its not on any other material. What exactly does that mean? Could it be the cause why the bone reactions arn't presently functioning? I've tested removing this to no effect but... there is something wrong. Bone reactions that should work... don't. Shell also fails. I don't understand why. Hopefully it is a bug and will be fixed or something.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 05:28:02 pm »

Anyone know how to achieve [SPEED:1] dwarves now? I've tried to fiddle with the medians on the [PHYS_ATT: AGILITY], but my dwarves are still very slow. Trying to mod creatures ain't gonna work if I can't control their stats at all.
[SPEED:1] is the tag itself. add it to the dwarfs in the save raw to make them speed up. you can add high agility to further boost speed

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »

Let me try to help you with something.

I was unable to make a freezing breath using "common sense", but a lot of testing showed that THIS works.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note that numbers are arbitrary and further tests may be needed to get specific results, however it works in general, and quite nicely.

I was trying to make something like this but it never worked. May I snag this and change it a bit for a mod I am making?

Also, I want to know what actually makes it cold? I assume that the FIXED_TEMP:NONE is doing the trick, but I'm not sure.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 08:35:29 pm »

does anyone know the Skills for all five doctor skills? for bone setting, suturing, surgery, diagnosing, and banage appling?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 03:38:21 am »

That Items_barred tag. Its not on any other material. What exactly does that mean?
It means that you can use it to make barred items with bones (bone gauntlets, breastplate etc.).

May I snag this and change it a bit for a mod I am making?
Sure.

Also, I want to know what actually makes it cold?
I don't honestly know. I don't remember the logic behind my actions when I've made it, I was a bit drunk after friend's party and was making some weird tests, and one of the results was this effect. Some research may be needed, however I do not bother with it yet.

does anyone know the Skills for all five doctor skills? for bone setting, suturing, surgery, diagnosing, and banage appling?
Do you mean for use in workshops? If so, they are
[SKILL:SET_BONE]
[SKILL:SUTURE]
[SKILL:SURGERY]
[SKILL:DIAGNOSE]
[SKILL:DRESS_WOUNDS]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 04:35:28 am »

Hmm... I'm trying to make a shadowman, and I'm stumped on how to do so. I made a material similar to the fire template used by fire men, sans the burning and the melting. I don't know what to do about this part.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
      [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10800]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLAME]

Halp?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »

I don't suppose anyone's gone looking for glass related tags for reactions...

ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GREEN_GLASS:NO_MATGLOSS was the line to use/produce raw green glass in the previous version.  It apparently doesn't work in this version.

PS ~ Anyone else notice we can now apparently import sand and glass?  Saw them in the list of things I could request.  It'd be amazing if it actually works.

EDIT: I've officially entered a state of confusion...just trying to get stuff to work, I created a smelter reaction that did nothing but spit out raw green glass for nothing.  It didn't work...at all.  It wouldn't show up at the smelter or job manager.  As near as I could tell, I'd coded it right and I remembered to add it to the entity file.  I'd assumed the tags for glass had changed and started experimenting.  Nothing.  Having given up on that, I went to play with different reactions and left the glass one how it was.

It just randomly appeared in the smelter as now works.  Obsidian did this earlier.  I have no idea why it now magically works or why my other reactions that I'm trying to develop won't appear anywhere for me...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:11:44 pm by Stargrasper »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:35 am »

I'll answer these in reverse-chronology, purely to keep things straight:

Stargrasper: Can reactions operate without any input of raw materials? Could that be the reason the reaction isn't working? If not--if it's spitting out items anyway, seemingly randomly--could there be some kind of time-delay factor at work?

Acanthus117: What happens when you lower the MAT_FIXED_TEMP to, say, 108? (1/100th)

"Crutch-Walking" (skill of walking with crutches) is also considered to be a medical skill.

sonerohi: I believe all you have to do is just change SPEED to 1, or [SPEED:1]

Thanks, Lancensis: Sorry everybody, I'm still working on the Creature Raws explanation thingy, and it should for now be considered to be an extremely rough, incomplete, and badly edited First Draft. If anybody wants to play "fill in the blanks" with it, even where the item explantion may seem extremely obvious, please be my guest.

I'm, frankly, a little stumped here by the DF Wiki being out of commission.
I was hoping to be able to do a whole lot of extrapolation from what had been written and tested about the old version, and then confirm new information, but that's-atleast temporarily-not an option.

Soul4hdwn: Where does the term "cosmetic" appear in the RAWs? I'm missing it...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:24:55 am by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 06:52:52 am »

Hey guys, a question: I'm trying to increase the heat resistance of a creature, and I'm not sure how to do it without creating an entirely new set of materials they can be made of, like HEAT_RES_BONE or something, which would be an ass-load of work.
Help?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 07:37:48 am »

It's possible to just change the values of materiels from within the creature entry.  Look in creature_standard and check the entry for the dragon. 

The bottom the dragon changes the temperature values of what it's made of to accomplish exactly what you want.  It would probably just be easier to point you to that than try to explain it.

Spoiler: the relevant bit (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 08:25:36 am »

That simple? Sweet. :D
Anyway, what's spec-heat do?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:44 am »

Spec heat is how much energy is required to change the temperature from their default.  The formula is really complex and a bit beyond me, but basically the higher the number, the slower heat change happens. 

If i recall correctly iron is something like 400.  So the dragon's spec heat looks crazy high.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:02 am »

Specific Heat Capacity? I love this game!
Anywho, what's teh difference between materials and tissues?
Trying to figure out how to give the blessed of Armok bones of pure redacted.

*e* wait, I think I get it; tissue is the function (like, bones keep you upright, muscle moves you) while materials is the material properties of whatever, which is then assigned to a tissue, right? So to change bones from being made of CREATURE_BONE to INORGANIC_REDACTED, I just find the materials tag in the creature's BONE tissue and replace it. Rigth?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:16:30 am by NinjaE8825 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 09:17:32 am »

Material = ... well, material, with all appropriate properties. Tissue = a tissue :P, with a thickness, relative position (it's usually used as an argument in a tissue template) to other tissues and it consists of some material.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 357