Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 398936 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2790 on: May 13, 2011, 12:27:56 am »

Well, I think I'll let it have a skull, but no other bones, and not to leave behind any meat, organs, fat, etc., although I was leaning towards the Small Corpse tag, as opposed to Not Butcherable (I may change my mind on that, though...). It's meant to be completely inedible/rots immediately after death.

As far as the tooth attack, the idea should be that the critter is slamming it's extremely fleshy face into it's enemy/victim, not actually biting, more like a giant "goring"/head-butting by a leech roughly the size of an apartment building, that simultaneously exsanguinates you. There could easily be a skull underneath all that flesh, though, giving the brain some added protection.

I have this sudden, odd mental image of MODOK.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:38 am »

Question: Is it possible to create a reaction that make raw hide directly into clothing/armor?

Question2: How can I mod in new "Finished goods" such as crown and scepter?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 13, 2011, 01:46:23 am »

Question: Is it possible to create a reaction that make raw hide directly into clothing/armor?

Question2: How can I mod in new "Finished goods" such as crown and scepter?

1) Yes. Pretty sure the reagent would be as follows though I have not tested myself. This will use something from a creature's body which is made of a material having the TAN_MAT reaction product - which is what is used when selecting things to be tanned as well.

[REAGENT:raw_hide:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]

The product line would be something like this if you want it to produce a raw hide cloak

[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CLOAK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:raw_hide:NONE]

If you want it to be leather then raw_hide:TAN_MAT instead of raw_hide:NONE. You'd have to make a reaction for each piece you want made, replacing ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CLOAK with other items (check raws to see what's available... item_armor.txt, item_gloves.txt, etc)

2) Pretty sure you can only mod in new items for things with subtypes defined in the raws. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Item_token  So weapons, armor, etc and then instruments, toys, and tools. Toys show up in finished goods stockpiles, so that may be your best bet.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:50:38 am by Kweri »

Call Me Dizzy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: May 13, 2011, 12:06:15 pm »

Query; If I were to mod potatoes into my game, along with making them brewable into vodka, pretty much just copying the entry for wild strawberries, then pasting it and changing what I need to. Would I have to start a gen a new world in order for potatoes to start growing, or would they start growing wild outside of my fort?

This is, of course assuming I change the master RAWs and the RAWs in my region save.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: May 13, 2011, 12:35:39 pm »

You would have to generate a new world.

Any time you add something completely new, you have to generate a new world. If you changed strawberries INTO potatoes (Pretty sure you have to keep the first line [PLANT:BERRIES_STRAW_WILD] but then change [NAME:strawberry] into [NAME:potato] etc) I think it would just alter all existing strawberries in your world into potatoes... but then you wouldn't have strawberries anymore.

Call Me Dizzy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: May 13, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »

You would have to generate a new world.

Any time you add something completely new, you have to generate a new world. If you changed strawberries INTO potatoes (Pretty sure you have to keep the first line [PLANT:BERRIES_STRAW_WILD] but then change [NAME:strawberry] into [NAME:potato] etc) I think it would just alter all existing strawberries in your world into potatoes... but then you wouldn't have strawberries anymore.

Ah, I figured as much. Guess I'll see how much longer I can hold out against the constant Elven and Goblin sieges, then gen a new world, where my dwarves can drink their vodka and eat their potatoes.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: May 13, 2011, 03:05:33 pm »

Query; If I were to mod potatoes into my game, along with making them brewable into vodka, pretty much just copying the entry for wild strawberries, then pasting it and changing what I need to. Would I have to start a gen a new world in order for potatoes to start growing, or would they start growing wild outside of my fort?

This is, of course assuming I change the master RAWs and the RAWs in my region save.

Actually, I suspect the "Bloated Tuber" plant is meant to be a fantasy equivalent of a potato - change the name of its alcohol to vodka and voila!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:35 am »

Fisherberries seem to be blueberries, or maybe cranberries? prickleberries are almost certainly raspberries, rope reeds I suspect are bullrushes (typha), bladeweed is probably woad, muckroot is likely sweet potato, valley herb is difficult, but I think it's goldenseal, bloated tubers are most likely potatoes, longland grass is, I believe, one of various kinds of grain, wheat or buckwheat probably, or maybe oats, kobold bulb seems similar to flykiller agaric, but since it only harms gnomes, it's hard to say, and hide root is most probably bloodwort.
For they would be your masters.

wolflance

• Bay Watcher
  • Not knowing is half the Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:15 am »

Hello and more questions again!

1) Can I rename furniture? Or create a furniture with different name, but with same function with existing one.
2) Can I rename a profession? i.e crossbowdwarf >>> sniper , but they still use the crossbow skill.
3) Can I create a custom workshop that replace an existing,non-custom workshop? i.e. A custom kitchen to replace original kitchen. Note that kitchen isn't in the raw.
4) It's a bit bold...but how do I create a civ that doesn't use silk at all? i.e They can't create things make from silk, but can import silk product from other civilization.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: May 14, 2011, 04:22:23 am »

Hello and more questions again!

1) Can I rename furniture? Or create a furniture with different name, but with same function with existing one.
2) Can I rename a profession? i.e crossbowdwarf >>> sniper , but they still use the crossbow skill.
3) Can I create a custom workshop that replace an existing,non-custom workshop? i.e. A custom kitchen to replace original kitchen. Note that kitchen isn't in the raw.
4) It's a bit bold...but how do I create a civ that doesn't use silk at all? i.e They can't create things make from silk, but can import silk product from other civilization.

1) You cannot rename furniture.
2) You can rename all professions. See the dwarf raws:
   PROFESSION_NAME:CRAFTSMAN:craftsdwarf:craftsdwarves
   PROFESSION_NAME:FISHERMAN:fisherdwarf:fisherdwarves
    The wiki also has the names of professions not included as examples in the dwarf creature entry.
3) All of the non-custom workshops are hard-coded and cannot be replaced.
4) I think if you get rid of SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING in the entity, the creatures won't wear stuff made from underground creature materials, including cave spider and giant cave spider silk, and pig tails.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Hepatic Wyrm
« Reply #2800 on: May 14, 2011, 04:54:23 am »

My very first original critter. Help, constructive criticisms, and comments are welcome.
Hepatic Wyrm:A gargantuan, and extremely deadly, bloodsucking cross between a dragon and an earthworm that lives deep underground.
Year two full 50 tons size, and baby stage lasts 50 years?
Try [BODY_SIZE:300:0:50000000], full size when reaches sexual maturity. (also... wildlife never ever appears as baby or child stage)

100 citizens requirement I'd reduce to 45-60.
Command some skin/fat/muscle layer thickness perhaps. And tweak the [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110] lines to suit the beast.

Doesn't seem "extremely deadly", its only thing is the 50 tons. Doesn't area-blast a necrosis/paralysis poison. Doesn't leak poison blood.
Doesn't have speed:450 and 6-12 in all skills. A goblin hero is about 8 in all skills.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: May 14, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

A really unusual bug I've run across....

I have a custom civilization that is coming to trade with my fortress in the winter.  When winter rolls around, they show up, as intended, and bring a few bodyguards (also as intended) and pack animals loaded up with trade goods and make their way to the depot (usually much faster than their animals, because they are faster and can fly).  The problem is, when they get there, they don't unload the pack animals.  When the broker is summoned, they offer to trade and even accept offerings, but won't show any of their own goods on the trade screen.  The trade depot also does not contain any of their goods, as they are still on the pack animals, which are hovering aimlessly around the trade depot.

I'm completely stumped as to what's happening here.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is this an inherent problem with flying civilizations?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:53 pm »

It sounds more like a problem with flying pack animals.

... Unless you meant that "hovering" metaphorically.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: May 14, 2011, 04:05:27 pm »

It sounds more like a problem with flying pack animals.

... Unless you meant that "hovering" metaphorically.

Metaphorically.  The pack animals are just mules.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: May 14, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »

This might be an issue with traders getting to the depot before their pack animals. Every other trading civ I've interacted with has had their merchants moving at the same pace as the pack animals, almost as if they were helping pull the carts.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 357