Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Engraving honour

(1/2) > >>

Haedrian:
Since engravings are made due to events in the fortress, I was thinking about this.There should be a small chance of an engraver of making a carving (wall or on item) of one of his fellow dwarves. The chance of this happening increases if the dwarf has a special relationship to the engraver (husband/wife/child/savour when injured?), or if the dwarf produced a masterpiece or an artifact recently.The dwarf 'honoured' with the engraving should get a major happy thought "S/he was  happy as being the subject of a work of art recently", effect increasing if the job was a masterwork (and ESPECIALLY if it was an artifact).When another dwarf gets happy thoughts due to 'admiring' the decorated object in question, the subject of the engraving should get a minor happy thought ("S/he was happy at being appriciated recently").

Asehujiko:
You already get hundreds of "the dwarf is holding the felsite thong" after somebody makes an artifact.

Haedrian:
quote:Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>You already get hundreds of "the dwarf is holding the felsite thong" after somebody makes an artifact.</STRONG>Instead you have "[dwarfname here] is holding the felsite thong". And the dwarf making the artifact gets an 'extra' happy thought, from being honoured.

Deathworks:
Hi!I haven't verified this yet, but IIRC, that information is actually there, but it is not shown in Fortress mode. When you enter the fortress in adventurer mode, it seems that you can see all the details about the engravings. At least that is what people have been saying here.Deathworks

herrbdog:
Yes, it is true, there is a lot of detail, specifically who, when, what, where, why. But you have to have an adventurer spelunk! Forgotten about an artifact in an old fort? Chances are there is an engraving to remind you! See pictures of a dwarf striking down everything in sight? Then you go to a nearby fort and find THAT dwarf, recruit him, and bring him back to kick some ass!Yeah... engravings are cool. Probably one of the coolest subtle features, best for archiving history. That's why I title my engravers 'Historians'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version