Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This game is so fun I love it!  (Read 2470 times)

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This game is so fun I love it!
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:47:10 pm »

So my baron demanded aluminum items made but i could not for the life of me find any.
Eventually he ends the mandate, a few moments later I get the "Urist McDwarf mayor has been stuck down" message. Then I get the "Urist McWoodcutter goes berserk" and he stikes down the baron.
Now the baron and mayor were good friends with most everyone. The fort quickly degraded into an all out tantrum spiral brawl. When the chaos had subsided and the dust cleared the only survivor was a dwarven child with both arms and legs broken. He slowly staved to death, and "Your fortress has crumbled"
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Mister Lingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This game is so fun I love it!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:59:32 pm »

Uh... You could just reload your last save. If you had any that is.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »

Uh... You could just reload your last save. If you had any that is.

The point is, losing is fun!

Beat you all to it!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:17:55 pm »

Yeah, somehow replaying stuff I'd done before is less fun than starting a new fort. In the same world, of course, I wouldn't want the history of my failure to be deleted ;p

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:21:52 pm »

Reload a save? Bah. That's really missing the point, isn't it? Reloading saves are for when things like Nemesis Files Fail to Load, or when acid rain kills all your dorfs, or summat. Not for when the game ends because of the rules laid down to begin with.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »

I've never actually had a tantrum spiral... I've had a few dwarves throw tantrums, and even go berserk once in a while, but my fort always recovers.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 03:26:27 pm »

In my current Fortress the Mayor acted up, and went Berserk, so I ordered the military to kill him. It took a good long while, but he went down surrounded by wardogs. Now things are going quite well, nothing like a military takeover to get things back on track. ;-)

---

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »

Heh, glad you had fun.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »

Is it better to have fun or to have Fun?
くコ:彡

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 04:21:50 pm »

I like having FUN fun, its what makes this game so awesome.
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Zanfib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:23:07 am »

Watch out for the Hidden Fun.

Fetus4188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 01:58:15 am »

I've never really enjoyed tantrum spirals, myself.  I always felt they were more a bug due to the placeholder nature of dwarven psychology.  I'd much rather they not freak out because it smells bad but rather get killed by rampaging cave things.

Whisp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 05:17:50 am »

I've never really enjoyed tantrum spirals, myself.  I always felt they were more a bug due to the placeholder nature of dwarven psychology.  I'd much rather they not freak out because it smells bad but rather get killed by rampaging cave things.
I totally disagree, i think it is a perfect representation of Dworfen psycology.  They are crazy bastards who want goldgoldgold and if something goes wrong then they just might SNAP!