Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD  (Read 15517 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 03:01:15 am »

I'll join. Lemme have a moment to figure out a thingy here...

Name: Shebi Asiworu

Race: Human of Akvak

Skills: Dagger Use, Sword Use, Sneaking, Assassination, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing, Ability to Aim

Worn equipment:
Iron Dagger - 20 G
Leather Boots - 15 G
Leather Gloves - 15 G
Black Cloak - 10 G

Items in Backpack:
Lockpick x2 - 10 G
Iron Longsword - 30 G

Health:

Legs (10/10)

Lower Arms (10/10)

Upper Arms (10/10)

Lower Body (10/10)

Upper Body (10/10)   

Head   (10/10)

Wounds: None

Conditions: A-OK!

ACTION: Investigate the tunnel, but don't go down it all the way. Is there anyone down there? Is there anyTHING down there? Try and be sneaky about it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:36:56 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 05:20:44 am »

Seems like the group is complete!

But Doomshifter hasn`t posted an action- Do you think i should just assume that she`s looting chests, too?^^

Also you have one skill too much, Doomshifter. ;) (Or did you mean to play an human of akvak?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:35:34 am by Lordinquisitor »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:32:52 am »

Whoops, meant to say Akvak. I'll fix that now.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:53:34 am »

As soon as you are awake most of you decide to investigate the chests lying around you (The death of like 25 of your comrades all but forgotten.)- It seems like those were part of the ship cargo when it sunk. Some are smashed and empty, but a few seem to be undamaged.

Nirur Torir

Action: My action is to check a chest. Is it trapped? Is it locked? Is it made of wood, or is it metal? If it is locked but made of wood, does it have metal hinges/a metal lock?

Roll: 5
You go to the chest lying next to you. It is made of wood, and as far as you can tell it isn`t trapped. There`s a iron lock, but it`s open. The Chest is ornamented with the twin axes of Ironabbey, a dwaven civilization. (You recall that you had a dwarf on board that came from there. This chest must belong to him.)

As you open the chest you find some rings made of bronze and iron stashed in a little leather bag. (3 bronze ones, 2 iron ones.)  (Loot Roll 25)

Iveara

Action: Loot chests

Roll: 6

Among several damaged and empty chests you notice a little birchen one- It isn`t locked. As you open it you find a bronze dagger inside. Little glyphs are carved into the blade. (Loot Roll: 79)
You look at the Glyphs (3+1) and you see that those glyphs are most likely magical- They look almost like elven glyphs, but you can`t read them. Maybe they are dark elven glyphs? But you aren`t sure.

ExKirby

Action: Open the chests, loot their contents.

Roll: 6

One Chest caught your eye- It`s pretty big and made of black wood. A heavy iron lock protects it`s contents but you can open it easily with your lockpicking skills. Inside you find some shattered glass vials and a strange, many coloured liquid swimming inside. (Loot Roll: 11) Seems like the chest belonged to a alchemist and was filled with potions- Which shattered when they went overboard.

Tise

Action: I shall do what a rogue does and loot those chests.

Roll: 3

You start to search for a chest to loot but everyone seems to be empty, completely destroyed or already claimed by someone.

Shebi Asiworu

Action: Investigate the tunnel, but don't go down it all the way. Is there anyone down there? Is there anyTHING down there? Try and be sneaky about it.

Roll: 4

Unlike the others you decide that exploring the tunnel ahead is more important than looting the chests. Most of them are probably empty or filled with soiled underwear, anyway.

The tunnel is pretty big-Two people could comfortable walk side by side. Some torches on the wand light your way as you explore it.

After you walked a bit down into the tunnel you decide to turn back, as you hear some voices ahead. Carefully you sneak forward and you notice that the tunnel widens into a pretty big room.

Staying in a dark corner you look into the room.

Three Goblins are sitting at a campfire near the western wall of the room, talking loudly in their own language. On the North side of the room are two doors. One is guarded by a Goblin armed with a spear. The Eastern side of the room is pretty empty, only some rocks and boulders are lying there.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:01:55 am by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:42 am »

I appraise the rings for magic and value.

Question: Is checking items for magic a passive skill, or does it need to be stated? I would expect to automatically check items I pick up for magic, unless I'm distracted by a fight or something.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:04:35 pm by Nirur Torir »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:13 am »

I salvage some of the glass, then make my exit.

Name: ExKirby

Race: The other humans from all around the world

Skills: Bowmanship, Lockpicking, True Magic, Engineering, Persuasion,  Dodging

Worn equipment: Longbow, 15 Arrows, Iron Gloves (13/13), Metal Magic. Lockpick

Items in Backpack: Glass Shards

Health:

Legs (10/10)

Lower Arms (10/10)

Upper Arms (10/10)

Lower Body (10/10)

Upper Body (10/10)   

Head   (10/10)

Wounds:

Conditions:
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 12:21:00 pm »

I appraise the rings for magic and value.

Question: Is checking items for magic a passive skill, or does it need to be stated? I would expect to automatically check items I pick up for magic, unless I'm distracted by a fight or something.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Oh it`s automatic. ;)

They are just plain, undecorated, non magical rings. If your character thinks that they could be magical, he would check it. (Since most magical items are somewhat decorated or have some kind of aura etc.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:25:30 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »

Darn those creatures for stealing my loot. Nothing to do here but go North. But wait did anyone check the pool of water?

I check the pool of water for any objects, and if there are none I head North

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:57:25 pm by Jabberwock »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »

Take dagger, put in backpack

Speak [@ Nirurtorir]: "So... Nirurtorir, right? I don't normaly adress those of your kind, but I feel that unless we all cooperate, our skulls will end adorning some goblin's spear, anyway, weren't you the one who shared my interest in primitive languagues and glyphs? Would you please take a look at these glyphs? Do they tell you something?"

Show Nirurtorir the dagger if he accepts

Speak [@ ExKirby]: "Is there any chance that you're the Metal True Mage those useless guards we're talking about in the ship?"

Speak [@ Everyone]: "We should stay alert, those torches in the wall mean there are sentient beings somewhere, 5 gold says they're the ones we came to hunt, also, I'm Iveara"

Wait for everyone then go North, stay in the back of the group, if I have enough time while I'm waiting, I attempt to charge my ring with a fireball [true magic - Fire].

OOC: Is my toon the only female one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:57:33 pm by Batista »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

"Aye that's me, and aye, I've always had a certain liking for old languages. Fighting will solve nothing; O' course I'll look at that dagger."

I'll identify the dagger, then return it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »

"Yup. Hmm...."

Scrap my last action. I claim the glass shards and rise the ship. Considering it's frame needs to have SOME metal on it, this should be easy.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 02:49:00 pm »

Just to make sure that i understand you right: You want to rise the sunken ship from the depths? E.g. pull it up by pulling it`s metallic parts up?

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »

Speask [@ ExKirby]: "Good, it's nice to see someone who seeks enlighment throught the arcane elven arts"

OOC: I was gonna show you the dagger but I guess I dont need to now.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 03:26:05 pm »

Just to make sure that i understand you right: You want to rise the sunken ship from the depths? E.g. pull it up by pulling it`s metallic parts up?
Yup.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:58 am »

I return and report my findings to the group. Sneakily, so as not to be spotted by the goblins. And then unsneakily, so as to be spotted by my peers. Definitely not the other way around.

OOC: Batista - Shebi is a she.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16