Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD  (Read 15513 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Mundera! A Fantasy RTD
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 09:25:00 am »

Tise

Action: I check the pool of water for any objects, and if there are none I head North

Roll: 3

You decide to search the water for any useable objects or chests but you can`t find anything of interest. A bit disappointed you decide to head north, into the tunnel.

Iveara

Action: You attempt to charge your ring with a fireball. Also you give Nirur Torir your dagger

Roll: 3+1

Since Nirur Torir seems to need some time to examine the dagger you decide to use the time you have to wait anyway to do something useful. One can never know which dangers are ahead and you don`t want to face them unprepared.

You channel raw magical energy through your body in order to create a fireball.. At first you can`t concentrate hard enough- But then you recall the teachings of your teachers and you manage to create a proper fireball.
The Fireball is immediately sucked into your magical ring, safely stored for later use. The Ring now glows in a soft, red light.

After you got your blade back and after kirby finished his ambitious spell you  decide to follow Tise into the tunnel just in the moment as he returns.. With Doomshifter.

Nirur Torir

Action: You examine the dagger. You try to decipher the glyphs and you also try to determine what spells are woven into the blade.

Glyph Reading Roll: 4+1

Sense Enchantments/Curses Roll: 2+1

At First you are at a loss- What are that for signs? Then Iveara mentions that those might be dark elven glyphs.. And indeed, they look like dark elven glyphs- But this is a strange form of them, more elaborate and delicate than you are used to.

The insight comes all out a sudden: The dark elves use a special script for their magic. Blood magic, as you now remember. It takes some time but you can translate most of the words inscribed on the blade: Blood shall flow (drip?), blood shall bind (shackle?) them together.

Interesting! Blood Magic is a dangerous form of magic und you try to determine what kind of spell is woven into the blade.. But you fail. While you sense that there is indeed strong magic at work you can`t determine whether the spell is harmful or good. (Or as good as Blood Magic can be).

Telling Iveara what you found out you hand her the blade back.

Exkirby

Action: I claim the glass shards and rise the ship. Considering it's frame needs to have SOME metal on it, this should be easy.

Claiming glass without touching the liquid roll: 4

Raising the ship from the depths roll: 5

Those Glass shards must be useful, somehow, you think. Trying not to touch the strange liquid you manage to salvage some glass Shards. You store them into your backpack and you turn to a harder task.

The Ship- It might be good to get it back. After all, maybe there is no other possibility to get away again? But how is it possible to rise a ship from the depths again without magic... But you can use magic! Metal magic. If there are enough iron parts you could try to rise them, and the rest of the ship with it.

You walk to the pool of water. You can glimpse the ocean through the small space between the cave ceiling and the water. You raise your hands slowly as your mind reaches out into the ocean, seeking for metal..

(Epic music playing in the background.)

And you feel several pieces of metal somewhere one or two miles away from your current position, deep down on the ocean ground.

You concentrate hard.. And something rises from the deep- Slowly, but steady it rises.

It seems a long time till the ship finally breaks the surface- But now you face another problem: As soon as you would stop to use your magic the ship would sink again. And the entrance into the cave is too small to squeeze a ship through..

But Lo! There are several big rocks near the ship- Most likely those are the rocks that damaged the ship so badly.

With desperate efforts you move the wreck on the rocks and exhausted you end your spell.

You have salvaged the ship, but you won`t be able to use it until you have repaired it. The main mast is missing and there are several big holes in the hull.

Name: Doomshifter

Action: I return and report my findings to the group. Sneakily, so as not to be spotted by the goblins. And then unsneakily, so as to be spotted by my peers. Definitely not the other way around.

Sneak Roll: 5

After making sure that you weren`t seen you turn back, without making a single noise.

On your way back you meet Tise, whom you tell what you saw. Together you go back to the others and tell them what lies ahead.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:33:31 am by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 09:38:25 am »

"Alright lads, 'ere's my plan: We take the goblins by surprise. If they cannae run, they may surrender. Ah'll go for the door guard. Help'd be nice, so 'e cannae call for more."

If more then half of the group agrees to attack the goblins, I'll charge spear goblin at the door, using my axe of death.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:56 am »

I'll go down and use magic to take the goblin's weapons away. Then fire while looking cool.

Name: ExKirby

Race: The other humans from all around the world

Skills: Bowmanship, Lockpicking, True Magic, Engineering, Persuasion,  Dodging

Worn equipment: Longbow, 15 Arrows, Iron Gloves (13/13), Metal Magic. Lockpick

Items in Backpack: Glass Shards

Health:

Legs (10/10)

Lower Arms (10/10)

Upper Arms (10/10)

Lower Body (10/10)

Upper Body (10/10)   

Head   (10/10)

Wounds:

Conditions: Epicness
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 01:06:28 pm »

Speak : "Sounds good to me, let me fire you up."

Use Fire True Magic to ignite my friends swords for the duration of the coming battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:20:27 pm by Batista »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 02:22:45 pm »

Use Fire True Magic to ignite my friends swords for the duration of the coming battle.

Does this include the arrows of Exkirby? I just want to be sure.

Also i replaced the limb-hit-points-system with a better one (Thanks Zombie RTD  ;D) . I`d like you to update your profiles and to specify your sword hand. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:42:21 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 03:18:27 pm »

I don't have a sword, therefor I don't need a sword hand.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 03:20:56 pm »

Yirks, i meant main hand. Left or right? [no you can`t be ambidextrous]  ;)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 03:27:04 pm »

I'll be right-handed.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 03:27:53 pm »

Damnit, you are officially the smartest GM ever. For that reason, I pick both hands.

But I really pick right.

Jabberwock

• Bay Watcher
  • International Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »

Says to Nirurtorir, "I will go with your plan, mountain dweller."

I shall head North, but before entering the cave, I shall make the shadows in the goblin cave appear as creatures slowly coming forward toward them with open maws, using my true magic.

I'm am left handed.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 09:05:11 pm »

Does this include the arrows of Exkirby? I just want to be sure.

Only if he is ok with it, as I fear I might incinerate his arrows with an epic fail

also I am Right handed

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 01:12:33 am »

I refuse the use of magic on my dagger (How dare she even ask!) and agree to go forward with the attack, aiming for a sneak attack on one of the goblins. That is, sneak around while the rest are distracted by battle and stab a goblin in the back.

Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:24 am »

Meh, go ahead. when all else fails, I can use Metal Magic on them in some way or another.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 08:47:03 am »

It doesn`t take long to decide on a battle plan- After all, you are experienced professionals. Confident in your skills and your shemings you go ahead to find three of the Goblins still sitting at the campfire and the fourth one still guarding one of the doors. Grabing your weapons and channeling your magic you look at each other one last time before you rush into the room..

Suprise Attack Roll: 5

The Goblins are utterly confused and it takes them some moments to realize what is about to happen.

Exkirby

Action: I'll go down and use magic to take the goblin's weapons away. Then fire while looking cool.

Magic Roll: 3

Shooting Roll: 4+1

In order to protect your comrades you attempt to fling the Weapons of the Goblins away, but it just won`t work- Maybe you are still too exhausted from the salvation of the ship. But you won`t let your allies fight alone, no, you fire an arrow at one Goblin at the Campfire. It is a masterly shot and would have killed the Goblin most likely.. But your arrow is combusted by flames in midair.. Startled you turn your head to Iveara.

Iveara

Action: Use Fire True Magic to ignite my friends swords for the duration of the coming battle.

Roll: 1+1

You decide to empower the Weapons of your friends- Everything is better when on fire, you think. But you fail, horrible. Instead of setting Exkirby`s arrow on fire you burn it to ashes- Nirurs Axe might have suffered the same fate but it was finely crafted in the magma forges of the dwarves and is impervious to some fire.

Tise

Action: I shall head North, but before entering the cave, I shall make the shadows in the goblin cave appear as creatures slowly coming forward toward them with open maws, using my true magic.

Roll: 5+1

You are five trained soldiers and you only have four little goblin cowards as enemies- Yet, why should you take chances? You are skilled in shadow magic and you have prepared a little suprise for those goblins.

Using your magic you form the shadows of the cave into twisted creatures found only in nightmares- Hundreds of maws and claws, slowly coming towards them, threatening.

They look real, and so frightening that even yourself shudder a bit. You created truly a masterwork and the fear in the eyes of the trembling Goblins affirms this.

As Nirur charges towards them they break and flee, and you are sure that some bladders were emptied.

Nirur Torir

Action: If more then half of the group agrees to attack the goblins, I'll charge spear goblin at the door, using my axe of death.

No roll necessary for the charge.

Nirur torirs Attack Roll: 4+1

Goblin spearmans dodge roll: 4

Wound roll: 6

You charge towards the Speargoblin- He is the most dangerous of enemies, since he could be able to fetch help.

You notice that you aren`t the only one charging; All around you the shadows are alive with teeth and claws and they run towards the Goblins.. And the Goblins break. They break hard. You reach the Spearman in the moment as he tries to get away through a door, not the one he was guarding, and he notices you just a second too late- Your axe comes down... On his head. He wears only a light fur cap and he dies instantly with a sickening sound.

As you pull your axe out of his head you see that your weapon smolders a bit. How odd.

Shebi

Action: I refuse the use of magic on my dagger (How dare she even ask!) and agree to go forward with the attack, aiming for a sneak attack on one of the goblins. That is, sneak around while the rest are distracted by battle and stab a goblin in the back.

Sneak Roll: 5+1

Attack Roll: 6

Dodge Roll: None allowed because of the Sneak attack

Tises fine trick provides you with all the cover you could ask for and when the Goblins turn around to flee you know that this will be all too easy. You notice, not without some satisfication, that only Tises magic seems to work. Serves those wizards right! Stealth and skill that`s how you do it- Quick as Lightning and yet obscured by the shadows you run towards the goblins, your target already chosen: One of the three goblins is lagging behind a bit, maybe he was the bravest and the last to flee, but he still dies like any mortal. You jerk his head back and slit his throat. The two other cowards continue to run; They are just a few steps ahead and didn`t notice anything.

Current Situation: Two Goblins death, Two running towards Nirur. Shebi is right behind the two goblins.

Tise is still casting the shadows, Exkirby is startled and Iveara isn`t doing anything at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:02:56 am by Lordinquisitor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:51 am »

I kill another goblin with my axe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16