Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56

Author Topic: Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress (Succession) IS COMPLETE!  (Read 151753 times)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
Re: Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress! (Succession)
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2010, 04:30:22 pm »

Granite, 1058

I just got selected as the new ruler of SkyScrapes! I'm deeply honored! I traveled in, and discovered a sight... I did not expect. Sure, everyone knoes that it's a giant tower, a dwarven arcology, they say. But they never talked about THIS. Oh the blood, the horrors! I walked up the mighty Golden Road, and find Corpses. Everywhere! Blood and corpses, everywhere! I'll never get to sleep again! The nightmares! I would tell them to clean up, but all of the soap in the world couldn't clean this. I then crossed into the tower. Cows. Bulls. Donkeys. Horses. EVERYWHERE. I immediately ordered them all caged. (It was murdering my FPS) On further thought, I'll likely butcher all non-milkable animals. Which is not many. I think I'll turn levels 10&11 into a cow, horse, and donkey breeding facility. After all, I have 11 months left. I'm also constructing the walls of the magma forges. Truly an engineering marvel. I have ordered myself a grand bedroom, heated by it's proximity to the magma forges. Now, I've ordered forensics to study the blood. It's blood of at least 5 species, and 14 different dwarves. Horror. The butcher is running overtime, trying to butcher the animals, but they are reproducing faster than he can kill them. Alas. There are 83 now. We'll see what it is in Obsidian... Now, I'm going to keep working. See you in Slate, Journal.

In a side note, anyone know where "StirredChills" The Native gold Mechanisim is? I'm trying to make a legendary golden well... It's the final piece. but It seems it's been used...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:06:33 pm by JoshBrickstien »
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:53 pm »

In a side note, anyone know where "StirredChills" The Native gold Mechanisim is? I'm trying to make a legendary golden well... It's the final piece. but It seems it's been used...

Check the stocks screen.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

Quote from: JoshBrickstein

There's a well on the eighth level (the one below the magma level).  I believe that it contains an artifact rope and an artifact mechanism.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:36 am »

Quote from: JoshBrickstein

There's a well on the eighth level (the one below the magma level).  I believe that it contains an artifact rope and an artifact mechanism.

i believe there is artifact menu - 'l' - that has list of artifacts with zoom
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:32 pm »

Hey, just a heads up, my life's getting a bit hectic right now, so it's probably best to just move me off the list, and if things calm down before this is done, I'll ask to get put back on the end.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2010, 08:31:54 pm »

I wish I had embarked above the HFS, to make up for the absence of goblins.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »

We have HFS, don't worry. HFS is guaranteed in a 3x3, and is almost guaranteed in a 2x2.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »

We have HFS, don't worry. HFS is guaranteed in a 3x3, and is almost guaranteed in a 2x2.

I mean the other HFS.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2010, 08:51:32 pm »

Ah, the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2010, 08:53:51 pm »

With my turn quickly approaching, I'd like to believe I won't be the one to kill everyone.
I mean, the last fortress I actually lost because of a tantrum spiral caused by a cat adopting a dwarf mid-fall-to-its-caverny-death.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:58 pm »

With my turn quickly approaching, I'd like to believe I won't be the one to kill everyone.
I mean, the last fortress I actually lost because of a tantrum spiral caused by a cat adopting a dwarf mid-fall-to-its-caverny-death.

Just don't kill any cats. The fort came close enough to death in turns 3 and 4.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:48 pm »

Just don't kill any cats. The fort came close enough to death in turns 3 and 4.

Actually, we only have one cat.
I'm considering killing it... what do you guys think? I'll make sure the owner is ecstatic first.

Early Summer, 1058
Not much has changed since last time, journal. Progress on my grand tomb proceed well. though, It has claimed a life, and injured another. one "Urist Atīasdatan (Urist[Dagger]  StakeIron in the human tongue)" fell to her death beneath my tomb. She had only two friends, and neither seem very sad. It's her own fault. She demolished the stairs under my tomb. Above a drop to the ground. That she was standing on. Wait, no, Urist was the one who demolished the upward stairs. The other dwarf demolished the ones they were on. She escaped with only three broken bones. Fortunate for a 6 level drop... None the less, the construction on my tomb is nearing completion, the mechanics now must only link up all of the levers and doors. A quite stupid dwarf, a Peasant, has volunteered to pull the lever. He will die. Too bad. After my interment to my tomb, the lever must be pulled. I only hope his eventual death won't cause the fortress's fall to tantrums. In other, unimportant news....
A forgotten beast has appeared in the caverns. I'm not worried, as it can't fly, and has no entrances to the fort from it's location. I'll let some other poor dwarf deal with him. Strangely, the elves did not arrive this spring. odd. I shal engrave instructions into my tomb so that my replacements can deal with my death. Should my golden Sarcofagus survive the fall, with my inside and intact, I should have it place in my present bedroom near the magma forges. Until later, journal.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2010, 05:44:45 am »

Sign me up for the list to take a turn please. Also please rename any presently non-wounded, non-taken full-time military dwarf "HeyGuys". Should we not have a military then one of the tower building Masons/whoever.

AzureShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2010, 05:49:30 am »

Are you guys still taking apps? If so, sign me up. This looks like crazy fun. :D
These are the kinds of bugs that make DF the game it is.  Magma vanishing?  Oops, it's all being sucked down by hell.
This is how everything works. This, right here, is DF.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:09 am »

Skyscrapes have any military? I'm making a list of, and I quote, "Crap I have to do."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56