Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress (Succession) IS COMPLETE!  (Read 150264 times)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress! (Succession)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 11:13:42 am »

Guess I'm next but I won't have any time today and tomorrow. Napancux, if you want we can switch our places.

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 01:31:26 pm »

Okay, I will take a turn now, then.
There's no choice. Only will.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 05:41:09 pm »

Sizik, could you put me back on the end of the list please? I mentioned in an edit earlier, but I guess it got missed.

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:36 pm »

1st Granite 1054

My king,
After a long trip I have at last come to the remote outpost of Skyscrapes. The things I witness at this very moment, while writing this letter, are not satisfying to say the least. And it would be wise for me to guide this community to the true path, using Your Majestys authority as Royal Auditor.

What are all those levers for?!  :o

First thing that catches the eye is color of this so called “tower”. You would not believe me, but it is blue! I mean, they are supposed to build a mighty dwarven fortress, not some “Blue Oyster” elven retreat. This should be remedied at first opportunity.

Kids here are somewhat above average.

Labour organization was also somewhat lacking. To my great surprise, instead of extensive stone mining and building, citizens were busy producing thread and cloths. Quite strange, because there were no word about making this site a weaving center in the records.

Almost 300 items of elvencrap! Sometimes enough is enough.

The construction itself is going slowly, only four levels are complete and the fifth is under construction. It seems I will need to work hard to make this outpost an efficient cell of dwarven society.

I will write you later about my progress. As for now, duty calls.

Yours truly, Urist McDwarf

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:26 pm »

Sorry about the blood.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 07:48:12 pm »

Haha, I had left the cloth making on repeat, just need a few for bandages but was too lazy to open the manger and search for it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »

First thing that catches the eye is color of this so called “tower”. You would not believe me, but it is blue!

Quote from: The Evil Overlord List
29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.
This goes for architecture too.

What are all those levers for?!

The southmost lever is connected to the drawbridge, and labeled as such. The rest aren't connected to anything- I needed to clear some space in the furniture stockpile.

Speaking of the furniture stockpile, there's a gold weapon rack in it. Put it in the mayor's room. I was planning to replace the one that tantrumming farmer destroyed, but forgot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:32:36 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 10:26:18 pm »

"10th Slate

Today our Gem Setter, Feb Rerrasmorul, was possessed by a vile spirit. He claimed the Jewlers workshop.

13th Slate

New migrants came this morning, a whole twenty of them! Now our settlement have seventy humble souls.

We've struck marble! Praise the miners!
17th Slate

Sixty-nine humble souls.
The mad hermit, Kib Mebzuthakman died of thirst. I hope this will not spoil our new dwarves` first impression of the Skyscrapes.

23rd Slate

It seems that our population will be thinning shortly. Today Likot Atolonol gone insane and succumbed to a berserk rage. Dispatching our military to restrain him.

26th Slate

While our hastily assembled militia were fighting the insane dwarf, timeferious died of thirst somewhere in the wilderness beyond the outer wall.

28th Slate

Likot is struck down. Poor lad, let the stone watch over his lost soul.

2nd Felsite

Strange death happened today. Tobul Adilimush died of thirst. The thing is, he was not one of local mad bunch of idiots, he was a healthy farmer. Murder?

3rd Felsite

At last, Sakzul Delerumstiz has ended his misery. That crazy babbling dwarf was only weakening our resolve. There are talks in the corners. That dwarfs should not build up, that it was all a mistake, that doomed us all. Cowards! Never before our kind was stopped by a few deaths.

5th Felsite

I am beginning to believe, that something is not right here. Another dwarf went insane and is now gone stark raving mad. It was Ilral Dumatid.

6th Felsite

What`s happening!? Another dwarf  was consumed by hatred. Solon Endoklolok  started berserking right in the middle of dining room. Military are on their way.

11th Felsite

Solon is dead, but many are still throwing tantrums. Perhaps it is time to arm militia with battle axes…

14th Felsite

Another day, another insane dwarf. This time it is Likot Logemgubel. He just wonders around and talks about death and blood.

17th Felsite

I do believe now, that spirits of air have some malicious influence upon dwarven minds. Today our cook, Kikrost Delethonol, lost his mind and is running around naked. What a loss. I fear it is not the end.

In Scyscrapes even babies are insane  :D

18th Felsite

Another case of bitter melancholy. Soapmaker, Uzol Adilkeskal is the victim. Seems like every dwarf, who spent time here is infected with madness that manifests sooner or later. Perhaps I am already beyond hope either…"
- Fragment from personal log, Archives of Auditoris Rex Dwarfus

Damn, it was only one season, but it seemed like a couple of years in my usual fortress) Everyone throwing tantrums, mayor making a mandate every freaking week, mad dorfs dying. Fun times.
5 dead dwarfs already and at leas three more will die till the end of the year.
Possesed gem setter just sits inside the workshop and don`t even trying to go get the leather he wants, even though I made some. So he is as good as dead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:28:59 pm by napancux »

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »

Oh god. What have I created?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 07:11:59 am »

Oh god. What have I created?

Blame Giftbusters the Contempt of Fords.

2nd Felsite

Strange death happened today. Tobul Adilimush died of thirst. The thing is, he was not one of local mad bunch of idiots, he was a healthy farmer. Murder?

He's been in jail, I think.

What's the mayor been mandating? Billon?

EDIT: Yeah, the farmer was the guy who nuked the mayor's weapon rack.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention the FUNNIEST thing about the magma man - He glitched through a wall and into my exploratory mining shaft. The magma sea wasn't exposed until AFTER Giftbuster's rampage.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:50:42 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »

It's decided. If the fort makes it to me before we need to reclaim, I'm devoting massive efforts to making everyone happier. Unless this tantrum spiral is delt with by then. Then I go about building the tower up.... I can hardly wait....
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2010, 10:29:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Somewhere beyond the grave, that magma man is laughing.

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:32 am »

Tantrum spiral mostly dealt with itself  :D
Most of them went mad or melancholic, the others were chopped to pieces by my militia.
There's 45 dwarves and it will be more deaths by the end of my turn.

I will post a save and log shortly.

EDIT
Cerol KibriGOTH is stricken by a melancholy!
I find this coincidence amusing)

EDIT2
Save
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:55:14 am by napancux »

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2010, 07:36:37 am »

1st Granite 1055

My king,
It has been a year since I arrived to this, I dare say, haunted place. And it is time for me to leave, being assigned to another fortress by Rex Auditoris. Things went not as good and nice as I planned, to say the least. But I managed to save this fortress from utter chaos and destruction.

Several artifacts were made during my presence here. Some were quite interesting..

..other quite lame.

Some sorcerous corruption held the local dwarfs ever since I arrived, driving them to the depth of sorrow or, in some cases, to blind rage. It was only one option – swift and precise execution, so these charmed berserkers were put to axe.

This dwarf got named for murdering dwarves!

As blood poured down this fortress’ stairs and as dead bodies filled our burial chamber, this evil spell has lifted and our minds became clear once again. From our seventy brave dwarfs only thirty three remain alive, though some of them are still injured or crippled. A steep price, but with my guidance they will live to see the glory of Skyscrapes.

There were some horrifying sceams from our underground mining shafts. Gladly we have sealed off this threat.

With so many dead it is obvious, that the construction never met my initial plans. I have managed only to build two levels of tower. They are made from marble, just to your liking.

I done what I could and I regret nothing. A full report will be sent to you with this letter.

Yours truly, Urist McDwarf

PS There`s a possesed dwarf in clothier shop, who wants bones and shells.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:40:35 am by napancux »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:04 am »

Sizik,

And sign me up for another turn.

Please?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56