Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dark KOBOLD Tower??  (Read 2963 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark KOBOLD Tower??
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 11:47:22 am »

Anyway the goblins started kidnapping kobold about the year 500, were outbreed quickly like they always are and then I had ~500 years of kobold abducting other kobolds. Now I have a whole tower with weird stuff like kobolds wearing pants and shoes and kobold axemen (wielding the axes two-handed, of course).
The kobold tower is the capital of a (former) goblin nation. They also have a tower populated exclusively by dwarfs who declared war on their former homeland almost every year for about a century.
This world gonna be fun!
"In 2056, the Kobold Yeasfirffisin wore pants. This feat would not be repeated for 500 years."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SkyShadowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »

They didn't just take the tower. They took their jobs!

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »

I have once invaded a goblin tower, with the expectation of slaughtering all the evil gobbos, only to find it filled with DWARVES! nothing but DWARVES!! DWARVES, I SAY, DWARVES!!! Literally, not a single goblin in sight. All the dwarves had goblin names, though.

So I leave that one, to try my luck elsewhere. I find a tower where legends (read: one of the dwarves in the last tower) say there is a goblin. He was their leader. I fight my way through hordes of zerging soapmakers, scaling the temple, to find... pretty much that civ's last goblin. I wonder if their dwarven thralls would siege me if I started a fortress in the area...
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:12 pm »

I didn't do any modding beside giving them the [INTELLIGENT]-tag
Goblins will kidnap any intelligent species, making them their citizens. So the answer is: the modding caused that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:54 pm »

I didn't do any modding beside giving them the [INTELLIGENT]-tag
Goblins will kidnap any intelligent species, making them their citizens. So the answer is: the modding caused that.
Probably. Though I played dozens of games with intelligent kobolds in the old version without ever finding any kobolds in towers. I guess the goblins just do a lot more abducting these days.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »

That would also explain my "dwarf-blin" civ.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 03:34:41 pm »

They also have a tower populated exclusively by dwarfs who declared war on their former homeland almost every year for about a century.
This world gonna be fun!

Toady mentioned something about conquered peoples adopting the fashion and hairstyles of their conquerors. Go check if there are any clean-shaven dwarfs.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »

They also have a tower populated exclusively by dwarfs who declared war on their former homeland almost every year for about a century.
This world gonna be fun!

Toady mentioned something about conquered peoples adopting the fashion and hairstyles of their conquerors. Go check if there are any clean-shaven dwarfs.
I just checked. Their description pages doesn't say anything about facial hair. So I guess they're actually beardless. Holy shit!

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:08:15 pm »

...Wow, that's actually pretty damn sweet.
I just went to a dark tower as a goblin, myself, and I noticed that everyone has Extremely Long hair. Gonna go check what happens when you settle as an adventurer.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:37 am »

They stole the tower!

Dang those Kobolds are getting good! A whole tower? The Gobo's never knew what hit them, and they've gone from Gobos to hobos.
Great, thats all we need.
HoboGobo's

Did I hear my name called?  ::)
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)
Pages: 1 [2]