Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Animal simulation games  (Read 55819 times)

beenieweenie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal simulation games
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 05:37:25 am »

I never played Wolf but I played a demo of Lion on a PC Gamer demo disc back in 95 or 96... it was okay.

What about Robot Dinosaurs That Shoot Beams When They Roar?  8)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/490036
Not "sim" either but you can't deny cliched metal riffs and... well... dinosaurs that shoot beams when they roar.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:46:01 am by beenieweenie »

Pathos

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 06:40:41 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/prehistoric_life/games/evolution/

But... "Sorry, but due to technical problems this game is currently unavailable." ???

It's a pretty good game, too. VERY hard, though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 11:49:15 am »

Wasn't there a platform game called EVO? It had you evolving through various prehistoric periods, starting with primitive fish, then the first land reptiles, etc. It's not an "animal sim" but it's still a fun platformer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:39 am »

Wasn't there a platform game called EVO? It had you evolving through various prehistoric periods, starting with primitive fish, then the first land reptiles, etc. It's not an "animal sim" but it's still a fun platformer.
YES.
EVO: The search for Eden.

It's a old Snes gem, and I loved that game.
I loved it..
*Sniff*

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 12:07:04 pm »

You used evolution points you get from eating stuff to attach different parts to your body, or improve parts, etc. They did it before Spore did.

beenieweenie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 03:57:46 pm »

Evo was lots of fun. Had some hidden stuff too, like how to evolve into a bird from a dinosaur, or from a rabbit-hybrid-thing to a monkey, eventually to a human.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »

How about...

SPORE?!!?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 04:37:15 pm »

SPORE?!!?

Objection.

EDIT: Actually, on a more serious note, the second stage of the game (the removed the 'fish' stage from the final version right? I completely forget.) where you play as an individual creature or your own making is kinda neat I suppose... it's just not as in-depth as I imagine the topic creator would probably want.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:40:16 pm by OzyTheSage »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 05:23:18 pm »

Nah, as a creature it's you > everything else. There really is no danger unless you come across a super monster (random creature in your sporpidia that is made 10 times bigger given 1000 health and breaths fire) which you have to sacrifice your self 100 times and about 400 allies before you kill it, and the only thing interesting is that you can flap your wings a few times to fly. It's not survival at all.

............Does your creature even need to eat? I forgot.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 05:33:59 pm »

I believe there was a game where you played as a dog. (Two, actually) I can't remember the names though. I don't believe they were good, either. I wouldn't classify them as SIMULATION games, exactly, but I dunno. They might be in your minds. I'll look them up.

Edit: So one is called P.A.W.S (Personal Automated Wagging System) and you can find a review of it here:http://worldvillage.com/p-a-w-s-personal-automated-wagging-system The second one was on the PS2, and was called Dog's Life. Here's a review www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/dogslife/index.html I couldn't find an official site, so you may need to get them off ebay.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:42:01 pm by Samio »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:22 pm »

Dog's Life sucks.
It's not much of a dog simulation game(for example, you help a guy gamble), though you do have to eat and you can sniff things. Also, the antagonist kidnaps dogs to turn them into cat food. :\
I had a lot of fun messing with the dog though! If you stand partway off a low table, he'll start glitching and probably will fly out the room. :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »

SPORE?!!?

Objection.

EDIT: Actually, on a more serious note, the second stage of the game (the removed the 'fish' stage from the final version right? I completely forget.) where you play as an individual creature or your own making is kinda neat I suppose... it's just not as in-depth as I imagine the topic creator would probably want.

They removed every stage, if we're talking about what came out and what was back in 06? 07?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 09:20:26 pm »

Not to mention the fact that it went from uber-badass life simulation game complete with explosive decompression into Disney Hugs and Cuddles with creation features. Man, I was DISAPPOINTED that I pre-ordered that game.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 09:27:26 pm »

Your right, spore was a major let down when i first heard about it. Several years later when i get it the feel of the game is completly different and feels well... "dumbed" down

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »

YAY another spore hate thread XD

It's the reason why I will never by another EA game again.

Now, about the jungle MUD, I cannot connect to it, anyone know why? The main site seems to be down also.
Pages: 1 [2] 3