Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I killed a demon!  (Read 1743 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
I killed a demon!
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:45:22 pm »

I was playing adventure mode with a modded-in race, and I traveled to the ruins of a "fortress" I had built over the ruins of a dark fortress  (way easier to move everybody into it than building/digging out stuff myself.) and digging down until I hit the underworld. I abandoned the fortress when one person was left. When I visited it in adventure mode, I took the staircase down to the second or third cavern layer, I wandered around, looking for the second staircase
I had dug near a magma pool, and although I couldn't find it, I came across a named demon and killed it easily. and the race I was using was on par with humans in terms of average strength. Anybody else have this kind of experience?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: I killed a demon!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:36:13 pm »

Nice, uh, spoiler tags y'got there. . .
Seriously, revamp the title. It's a little revealing.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:10 pm »

I did the same,except my adventurer melted after killing the demon.

But yes, some demons are too easy to kill.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:00:17 am »

My only experience with demonslaying was the lawgiver of a goblin civ. I had exceptional full bronze plate, so he couldn't scratch me (even his "harmful blood" didn't hurt), but dang if he didn't take FOREVER to die! Even gushing goo from a dozen wounds, he kept charging and charging. I quickly realized that it was an awesome idea to stand between him and a wall, so he runs into the wall and I get a couple turns of going ape on him. Fun times.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:15:24 am »

heh, that's nothing, i once entered an elf town and asked for a job, they told me to kill
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that was in the middle of attacking the town right at that moment. i found it being attacked by pathetic wood-clad elves. i observed it -being wary of the random tricks such creatures had, then right before my eyes it
i steeled myself for a deadly fight, i lost quite a few dwarfs and adventurers from such a beast -and having no ranged weapons to distance myself from it. i would move in and strike with my sword, dodging back every few turns
only just dodging them. eventually it gave in to pain and bled to death shortly after. i was engraved a hero for many years after that.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 07:15:53 am »

i just beat a demon up bady and drink its blood just to show that civ whos the boss.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

turboburrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:34:44 am »

I agree with Gaxkang, you should censor it so new people can discover these things on their own; it is much more fun that way.

Did you guys get the description of your
  It wasn't able to get any damage on me because of my shield and armor but it was also very hard to do any damage to it. Eventually I was able to lop its head off with my axe. Luckily none in my pack of 30+ children got hurt in the fight.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:39:16 am »

No Vorthon, you are the demons.

kingpocky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 05:53:49 pm »

I wonder if fighting bigger creatures is a lot easier now. First adventurer I created, I ran into a 7-headed hydra on my first quest. I thought for sure I was going to die, but then it charged me, missed, and I stabbed it from behind and hit its heart. The fight continued for several rounds. It missed me each time, and I ended up either slicing open one of its necks or shattering one of its skulls with each swing, until it fell over dead.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:26 pm »

Demons really are quite weak. I kill them really easy, they tend to not land even a single hit.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 09:57:51 pm »

I noticed that a Warthog Demon I killed, in the description, was listed as having "Deadly blood"

Is there any way to use that to my advantage?  =D
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 11:54:16 pm »

i just killed one too!  I genned a Pocket world to test out some embark glitches I saw,a nd decided to screw around.  I think I'm going to kill off all the civilization heads.  All four of them.  Well, three, now.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23:32 am »

I noticed that a Warthog Demon I killed, in the description, was listed as having "Deadly blood"

Is there any way to use that to my advantage?  =D
if you have an glove you can slap people with the blood with out getting infected with it.

still you could have executed that demon with out causing every one in that town to get mad by staging an accident with a cave in, your adventure still get his fame and won't be run out of town.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:58 am »

.. ive found you can pick up, store, and later throw the blood of most creatures. also, throwing body parts leaves massive trails of blood across the ground. collect as much of this dangerous blood and smallish bits and pieces as you can, and experiment, for science.

also, before i began killing them, the humans inhabiting a series of dark towers told me their civ leader was a "turtle fiend." i look forwards to fighting this turtle fiend, but i will wait till i am somewhat better at killing thigs first, and make sure i have a lot of meatshields.