Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 214579 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:59:10 am »

Who reads this masterful intarweb comic? I know I saw some people who use avatars that are cropped from the comic itself... I just can't remember who they were.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:49:57 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:03:23 am »

I saw a guy with a laser cow avatar.

I also read this amazing bit of web fiction.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:08:09 am »

I want a laser cow.

Also, I mourn for the Guard Robot. I love how Tom Siddell gives his robots such... human qualities, like giving them ties and hats and such.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:11:26 am »

One of the peons scum new people on the forum has (or had) an avatar of the robot king. Akgigak (sp?) has had various Renardine avatars in the past. Someone else (maybe it was zchris?) had an avatar of the transformed (wolf form) Renardine.

That being said, that comic is beautifully drawn and in my opinion, one of the best webcomics out there.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 02:12:24 am »

The robot angel arc ending gave me Awesome shivers.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 02:20:52 am »

HWAIIEEE!

Ahem. Yes, love this webcomic.
It needs more comics with Reynardine in doll form, I need a new avvie.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:29:42 am »

One of the peons scum new people on the forum has (or had) an avatar of the robot king. Akgigak (sp?) has had various Renardine avatars in the past. Someone else (maybe it was zchris?) had an avatar of the transformed (wolf form) Renardine.

That being said, that comic is beautifully drawn and in my opinion, one of the best webcomics out there.

I had the Robot king avatar.

"Oh no! It's the saddest face!"

Who's your favorite characters so far? I have to say either Annie, or Coyote. Every time he goes on, he has a Mini CMOA.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Mister Thou

• Bay Watcher
  • out of ointment and out of time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »

I read "this masterful intarweb comic", to answer the original question. (Quotes indicate quotation, not sarcasm)
One of my favorites, it is (and that's out of quite a fair few).
Although, now I think on it, I like it more for the atmosphere and mood than for the characters. There aren't any characters that make me think "this character is so awesome", which as far as I'm concerned is only a good thing. It's better (in my opinion) to create a interesting and novel setting and an engaging storyline than to rely on "epic" or "badass" characters or whatever, like a lot of comics seem to. It's easier in this case since Gunnerkrigg Court's not so much of a heavily fighting-oriented comic.
So, props to Gunnerkrigg Court for that.
But my favorite character is probably Antimony. I appreciate her quiet calmness and equanimity.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 04:14:48 pm »

I love this comic. I have found that I need to go back and read through the archives every now and then, at least for the most recent section, to get the full impact from the story.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 04:18:37 pm »

Who's your favorite characters so far? I have to say either Annie, or Coyote. Every time he goes on, he has a Mini CMOA.

Coyote is by far my favorite character, and I don't see that changing. I think he really is the perfect manifestation of the "chaotic neutral" alignment.

Also, I never really got what was up with that one part with Zimmy and the rain. Someone explain that to me?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 04:49:04 pm »

This webcomic is brilliant. Never heard of it before today, but read it all in the same day. Reynard/Annie are probably my favorite characters.
Also often called Boowells.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 04:53:47 pm »

I can't even type or pronounce his name, so I just call him Tree-Wolf. Tree-Wolf is awesome.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »

My favorite probably has to be the fairy girls "Your hair, it goes up! I sooo want to be your friend now!", or failing that the robot that got sent over the bridge and came back and got destroyed then rebuilt and stuff.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »

Yeah, I finally took a look at it a week or two ago. Read the whole thing over the course of a night. The artwork has definitely improved from the first several chapters. Storyline is nicely odd. And yeah, I love his interpretation of Coyote. Especially since I tried my hand at writing a Coyote-related comic a long time ago and it never went anywhere. His Coyote is what I wanted but failed to achieve.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:19:01 pm »

Also, I never really got what was up with that one part with Zimmy and the rain. Someone explain that to me?
The thing about the rain... apparently, Zimmy's weird eye gunk shit can only be washed away by natural rain. that's why she
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also love Guard Robot. Rest in pieces, buddy, rest in pieces.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 233