Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

cat cancels clean self: area inaccessible

(1/5) > >>

antone:
I keep getting spammed by messages like: cat cancels clean self: area inaccessible what area is he looking for ?

Paul:
Reading the thread title made me think of an image of a cat with one of those cones around its head desperately trying to lick itself. Area inaccessible!

Scruga:
So this is a feature and not a bug.

Todestool:
I know dorfs need water to clean themselves, so maybe critters do too.  That spam is most likely the result of the fairly common pathing bug.  Locking and unlocking a door (any door, anywhere) should fix it.  If you have no doors, save and reload.

There is also a vanishingly small possibility that you actually have a cat trapped somewhere.  Just follow the piteous mewing...

Deathworks:
Hi!

Yes, cats (and other animals) use water to clean themselves up, adding to the blood bath surrounding your water sources.

Actually, thanks to that behavior, I had the funniest (in my opinion) job cancellation thus far:
XXXXX, cat cancels clean self: water source vanished
Fortunately, that was something I expected and no problem - my water source are surface pools, and they freeze over for a few days during winter.

Deathworks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version