Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Author Topic: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)  (Read 174807 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fortbent: Homestuck mod (v3.1.0) (0.44.05)
« Reply #870 on: March 18, 2019, 08:49:15 pm »

It's... sort of? It works, but it crashes a lot, and I can't figure out why it could possibly be the case.

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 24, 2019, 04:09:19 pm »

Went to heat some water that froze overnight, water turned into the warhammer of zillyhoo. 10/10 mod.

On a serious sidenote, waterskins are SERIOUSLY buggy in this mod. One time I spawned with the unbreakable katana in my waterskin that I spawned with, and when I took it out or dropped it it was still in the waterskin but also in my hand/on the ground. Allowing me to create endless katanas. It seems that waterskins have this weird relation with these weapons. The infinite duplicating thing also happened with the warhammer.

Sidenote sidenote, cherubic lords of time aren't immortal. Sure, you'll never die normally, but if you let a town of trolls wail on you for 30 minute straight you'll die eventually. Even when basically paralyzed you can kill them all though. I let this happen and was shocked to see my unconditional immortality failing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 24, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »

Oh, I patched out artifact generation cause it turns out the way I was generating artifacts was causing whatever the fuck that is to happen, like, constantly? So yeah, it's gone. It wasn't waterskins, it was artifact generation.

Sidenote sidenote, cherubic lords of time aren't immortal. Sure, you'll never die normally, but if you let a town of trolls wail on you for 30 minute straight you'll die eventually. Even when basically paralyzed you can kill them all though. I let this happen and was shocked to see my unconditional immortality failing.

Should be reviving you the next tick.

Nepptu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 24, 2019, 05:00:24 pm »

Should be reviving you the next tick.
It didn't, for whatever reason. I just stayed dead. Even though I have DFHack installed most of the DFHack-y parts of mods never work quite right for me. I'll try killing myself as a cherub lord again and see what happens.

Also the 'Heal yourself' and 'Teleport' interactions are unfinished I think. Let me know if this is true because they do nothing I think. If I'm somehow playing an old version of the mod (I swear I downloaded the latest) then that'd also explain a lot of the shenanigans. Either I don't understand this mod (most likely) or the thingies broke. (unlikely and im just stupid)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2019, 04:21:24 am »

Thingies breaking is less unlikely than you think, a lot of this stuff is kinda jank and I haven't fully moved Fortbent to my more reliable systems I introduced in Sparking.

realis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 23, 2020, 02:11:03 pm »

hey, just found this mod the other day and have been messing around in it while streaming to some friends, its a lot of fun. dunno if its still being worked on but regardless thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 27, 2020, 03:40:55 pm »

Not... really, it's kinda got a lot of ultra-deep code that I loathe to dive into. I overworked myself by actually implementing every class/aspect combo, and it's... kind of a difficult thing to get back into.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]