... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 104243 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v1.1 - From the Ashes
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2013, 09:57:59 am »

I think the auride just brought some dangerous flarestone with them

Everything was cool one moment, and then the next moment, as they began to unload, my depot blew up along with all the wooden bins I was using to transport my stuff and also all the auride and everything flammable was on fire.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 10:29:21 am »

That's bad, to quote Captain Obvious. I've never encountered that myself, but I'll see what I can do about this and keep the dangerous flarestone in the game.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2013, 06:04:40 am »

Yeah.

Aside from that one issue, I'm having a ton of fun!  The lyroaka make early defenses a must, and then you get swarms of faeries or armies of hobgoblins showing up and it can get pretty crazy - I was losing a legendary soldier or two per siege when the hobbies got serious.  I've actually resorted to sealing myself up for the moment, although only because a bunch of zombies wandered through and made things even worse.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2013, 11:27:20 am »

Glad to hear it! I think I have the flarestone problem sorted (along with another potential culprit), so after a few more tests, I should be posting a new version.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2013, 02:25:47 am »

Well, I found a solution to my invader woes

The 'Tunnel of Love' is a tunnel that serves as primary access to my fort from the outside.  It can be opened and closed using two bridges attached to a lever.  It is filled with whatever rare beasties I can buy, along with an assortment of weapon traps.

The wuradi initiate just happened to have giant tigers on his list of available animals their civilization has tamed.

...I'll take twenty.  I can afford the mark-up, I've got multiple bins of electrum that can be all yours.  Just shut up and take my metalcrafts.

~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »

Uploaded the new version, 1.1B. Apart from the flarestone/firehound blood fix, it has a few changes regarding creature variations and grazing
 - There's a new grazer formula that should make large grazers more survivable. My large grazers use this new formula as well.
 - Giant creatures and animal people should be somewhat rarer now - their population numbers and frequencies have been reduced.
 - Animal people are closer in size to humans now. Of course, sperm whale men are still larger than elephants.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »

It's been a while, as the forum helpfully reminds me, but the new version of Direforged is out - V1.2, The Strange Lands. The changelog is as follows:

Updated raws, including, but not limited, for trees, civ values, and creature personality, gaits, senses, and odors. (Including hover flight gaits for brainspawn and a few others)
Retired the V1.1B animal person/giant version population fix in favor of the official one.
Added su'ulreghs, weaving orsists and woolworms as underground pets.
Added desert wargs as savage desert predators/mounts.
Added winterbrights as savage taiga and temperate woodland trees.
Added wyrmblood trees as savage desert and tropical woodland trees.
Added warg thorns as savage desert trees
Added strange tentacles as evil wetland trees and spiderroots as good wetland trees.
Added ogre noses as evil plants.
Added the censer and alchemist's laboratory as new workshops.
Added the ability to press essences from plant material as raw material for alchemy, and two grand essences as end products.
Added hearthperson equivalent to a few civs, and expanded hobgoblin positions.
Added eight types of headgear – conical caps, cylindric hats, drooping hats, fillets, hair nets, headbands, pointed hats, and wide-brimmed hats.
Changed the bodyplans of all hoofed animals to increase their butchery yields.
Increased wait period for several interactions to make them less rapid-fired.
Reduced sawmill yield from 5 planks to 4 planks.
Greatly reduced pain for bone damage.

I'm not quite happy about how some of my stranger trees work right now, but I don't think I can make them work much better with the current framework.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2014, 04:04:05 pm »

A minimalistic changelog - I've updated the Direforged raws with the stock raw changes up to 0.40.08.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.09] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:27 am »

Direforged has been updated for the 0.40.09 raw changes. This involved removing the entity definition for the shyhak'ur, since they'd now throw an error for the missing creature definition (the shyhak file is commented out). The shyhak'ur won't be gone forever, though...
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

I stopped playing this mode because my companions kept chasing after and killing (only) the new creatures all the time even when they are harmless (sprites for instance).  More or less randomly but I got sick of all the dead sprites being killed for no reason.  It is a shame since it is a good mod in the sense of content. 

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:26 pm »

They'd probably chase stock creatures, too, I'd imagine. But sprites are pretty numerous, possibly to a ridiculous levels. I can't do much about the companion AI, unfortunately, but I can make a note to try and reduce sprite numbers to a more reasonable level for the next raw update release and next content release.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2014, 05:02:37 am »

They'd probably chase stock creatures, too, I'd imagine. But sprites are pretty numerous, possibly to a ridiculous levels. I can't do much about the companion AI, unfortunately, but I can make a note to try and reduce sprite numbers to a more reasonable level for the next raw update release and next content release.

No they did not chase stock creatures.  They were quite hostile to the Cravagh and the sprites, particularly the former.  I think the companion AI was fixed in some manner but that the creatures from this mod did not get fixed. 

I am not annoyed by how many sprites there are, it is more that they seem to be completely harmless but yet get attacked by companions and they constantly chatter about how they just 'attacked' you when they did nothing of the sort. 

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2014, 06:17:14 am »

Hmm. I may have an angle on this problem, then. But either way, sprites were due for a reduction in population numbers anyway.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.11] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

The raw update for 0.40.11 has been posted. In addition to adding the new material templates, the population numbers of sprites were cut down, and a few not-so-hostile creatures got the BENIGN tag, including sprites and cravasi. That should hopefully make companions less likely to chase them.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.11] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:55 pm »

The raw update for 0.40.11 has been posted. In addition to adding the new material templates, the population numbers of sprites were cut down, and a few not-so-hostile creatures got the BENIGN tag, including sprites and cravasi. That should hopefully make companions less likely to chase them.

That is good, but now I am stuck on this bug.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6705

It seems to be unfixable in game-play which means that I am going to have to wait for the next version which supposadly will fix this bug.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17