... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 104849 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.11] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »

This mod is pretty great! I have 5-6 races near me, and only one is hostile (the things with one eye, one leg and one arm.) The sprites are pretty annoying (on a previous embark, they stole some cloth from a wagon), and the flarestone keeps blowing up and burning my miners. They are getting brown (I think that's bruised) injuries to their upper body; wouldn't you believe that there was a multi-layer vein in my dining room and workshop layers! Its sedimentary, you see; I want hematite, but it looks like I'll have to dig out to the edges of the map.

One of my dogs was killed and another injured in a wolverine fight (the one that was killed was my only male, damn), but the super skilled immigrants that this mod adds were cool... even if one was a High Master... Potash Maker.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2014, 02:55:27 pm »

Glad you're enjoying this! But the super-skilled immigrants are actually a vanilla thing. At the very least, there should be nothing that creates high masters more regularly than in the stock game. Except perhaps crutch walkers.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2014, 02:46:19 pm »

Glad you're enjoying this! But the super-skilled immigrants are actually a vanilla thing. At the very least, there should be nothing that creates high masters more regularly than in the stock game. Except perhaps crutch walkers.
WHAT. I have a High Master Potash Make, an amazingly skilled fish dissector, a smith who's novice in every metal skill, I had a guy with such high skills I thought he was a vampire (he wasn't) and tons of useful immigrants. In my vanilla worlds, I was getting novice ash makers, and other such junk.

Very strange. I do like the flarestone though; I believe that the coke it's processable into counts as refined coal for steel-making. Annoyingly though, it seems to have displaced (although I might just be unlucky) the hematite in the sedimentary layer. Very annoying, especially as I had on another world a load of astral tears - I don't even have that yet!

As nice as the evil civs are though, I may have to re-embark on an area without them if they really have killed my mountainhome; the trade liason didn't show up, though the caravan did.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.13] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2014, 01:57:55 pm »

I've uploaded Direforged 1.2e with the raw updates from DF 0.40.13. That means, for the time being, all creatures use STANDARD_GRAZER rather than the (now less generous than default) Direforged formula. I'm not quite sure yet if I want to provide my formula as an option or not...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

any plans for graphics version for this? Great mod by the way.
Death, is only the beginning.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2014, 11:31:13 am »

I'm honestly not sure. I might resurrect the Phoebus version, since I've been writing a small options script that doubles as an utility to update raws to Direforged format by automating many repetitive changes like the new hoof style. That would make it easier to maintain two or more branches of the mod. I'm not sure if there'll ever be sprites for my creatures, though, since I'm not particularly good at art. Possibly I can do edits of Phoebus graphics for some races.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:07 am »

any plans for graphics version for this? Great mod by the way.

I include graphics for Direforged Megabeasts and Night Creatures in the Dark Ages mod. Knight Otu is free to use them if he ever decides to put a larger tileset together.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. :)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.14] Direforged Mod v1.2 - The Strange Lands
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2014, 12:37:41 pm »

The raw update for 0.40.14 is out, adding the stepladder and removing the LIKES_FIGHTING token. I am playing around with the shyhak'ur some for testing, though there are still things that aren't quite as I like them (and of course there are things I simply can't do). I'm not sure when I'll be happy enough with them for the net content update to occur.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2014, 01:30:14 pm »

The raw update for 0.40.14 is out, adding the stepladder and removing the LIKES_FIGHTING token. I am playing around with the shyhak'ur some for testing, though there are still things that aren't quite as I like them (and of course there are things I simply can't do). I'm not sure when I'll be happy enough with them for the net content update to occur.

Removing LIKES_FIGHTING? I guess I missed something.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »

Toady removed the functionality, because the token only was used for the enjoyed slaughter thought. Keeping it in shouldn't cause error logs for now, though.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:36 pm »

Toady removed the functionality, because the token only was used for the enjoyed slaughter thought. Keeping it in shouldn't cause error logs for now, though.

No errors so far. Which is good, because many, many creatures in Dark Ages use that token.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.19] Direforged Mod v1.2g - The Strange Lands
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2014, 05:42:47 pm »

v1.2g, the gelding update, has been uploaded on the DFFD.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] Direforged Mod v1.2h - The Strange Lands
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »

Direforged has been updated to 0.40.24 standards, getting rid of several material errors and a few typos.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] Direforged Mod v1.2h - The Strange Lands
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »

Would it be okay for me to merge Direforged and Forgotten Realms Mods for the next release, if I credit you for it Knight Otu?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17