... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 104752 times)

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42.06] Direforged Mod v1.3 - To the Hive!
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2016, 04:17:42 pm »

So, I've downloaded the mod and am enjoying it so far, but I have to ask one question. Keeping in mind there have been no attacks, I'm in the first year still struggling through several aquifers, and suddenly I realize one of my dwarves is rotting alive worse than some zombies I've seen, complete with red body parts. Did it have to do with that "A woolworm has just transformed into a woolworm?" announcement I got, and the little guy just vomited putrefying acid all over my metalsmith? There's nothing in the reports to indicate that.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2016, 10:22:45 am »

That sounds worse than it ought to be, but yes, if the dwarf was caught in the panic reaction of a woolworm (it's a "breath" along with a transformation, causing that strange announcement), that's going cause necrosis right now (lacking a better acid mechanic).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2016, 12:54:26 pm »

That sounds worse than it ought to be, but yes, if the dwarf was caught in the panic reaction of a woolworm (it's a "breath" along with a transformation, causing that strange announcement), that's going cause necrosis right now (lacking a better acid mechanic).

Hm, well then. Hope the guy'll get better, apparently "moderate necrosis" (according to arena tests) can either be completely harmless or just mess the individual up. Or kill, in case of that poor weaving orstist. Plus blindness, which makes sense for acid. I suggest making the acid induce pain as well as necrosis, seems to make more sense that something like that would be painful as hell.

But anyways, liking it so far. Also I embarked somewhere with three hostile civs nearby and am about to see how hard that will bite me in the rear later on. At least the aquifers are over.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:34:20 pm by DoktaYut »
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.02] Direforged Mod v1.3g - To the Hive!
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2016, 07:37:46 am »

The Direforged raws have been updated to 0.43.02. Including a bugfix from THE FUTURE! And the removal of a few more portions of Wanderer's Friend. I haven't fixed the woolworms yet, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2016, 09:20:16 am »

The Direforged raws have been updated to 0.43.02. Including a bugfix from THE FUTURE! And the removal of a few more portions of Wanderer's Friend. I haven't fixed the woolworms yet, though.

Cool! Nice catch.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2016, 12:58:04 am »

Hey there OP. Big fan of your work. I've been playing around with this mod on an adventure mode world and I have to say I've had a real blast so far. I have a question for you, and a request perhaps, if you'd be so kind.

I got around to looking under the hood of your world here, and I noticed a few things you created/implemented that I would REALLY like to take into a new fortress oriented world with some races of my own design. The wendigo curse and the blessing of draconic power are specifically of interest to me. The wendigo monster you made is comedically bad ass overpowered from what I've seen of it in the legends mode of the direforged world I'm running, and I have my own dragonman species that I would love to see benefit from the ability to turn into full blooded dragons.

So far what little tinkering and transferring of code I've done has been.. not so successful. I've managed to get the Wendigo curse to show up in worldgen, but it seems to be a curse that only happens once: One god curses one person to become a wendigo, and it doesn't seem to show up any more often than that. The dragon blessing seems entirely absent, even when I port the encar and their civilization to the raws I have for my DF pet project.

If you have it in you to help a DF scriptkiddy understand the awesome power and code at your disposal, I would be in your debt.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2016, 06:47:26 am »

My ability to help is somewhat hampered by the fact that my computer is broken, but I'm sure I know what's wrong with the secret of draconic power - I "commented out" everything related to it because it didn't work quite as I was hoping. Every race could learn the secret from the fire gods, but it only truly worked for encars. Everyone else was content with having the secret, then died of old age anyway. You need to re-add the square brackets [] at the beginning (and I think the end) to see if it works then. If you already did that though, I'm not sure what may be wrong beyond what I already said.

As for the wendigo curse, my best bet is that it is drowned out by the generated were and vampire curses. In advanced worldgen, if you reduce the number of those curses, you should hopefully see more of them.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2016, 09:08:26 pm »

Thanks for the reply Otu. In response to what you've mentioned, I'll lay out what I've seen and done so far: I re bracketed the original line of code the secrets, which were, from what I could tell, specifically designed for the Encar. I also copied that same set of code and made a gender non-specific version for the dragonmen of my own design. After doing this, I ran a world for 550 years and used Legend Viewer to find anyone and everyone through history who managed to learn any secret of any sort, in addition to filtering for people who desired immortality.

As it stands, there was not a soul who was taught the blessing of draconic power. No fire god parsed it out, nor did any dragon. If people learned it and went "Eh, fuck it. We don't care to transform into demigod beasts of legendary power. This isn't what we meant by immortality" then that would be one thing.

As it stands, I'm not seeing anyone even learn it, including the Encar. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. o.o

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2016, 05:40:28 am »

Hm. Could you post the raws as you have them right now for one version? I might be able to see something then even without a computer.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2016, 03:01:51 pm »

Okay. Having done some slight modifications and such, I have the secret showing up at this rate, but it's now as you said: Those who learn the secrets seem to do nothing with it. Furthermore, in worldgen, anyone who learns the secret is given the title necromancer, despite having gained no necromantic knowledge, and they die of old age. Legend Viewer claims that they possess the interaction and that it is active, and yet neither their race name changes nor do they possess limitless life. I ran the encar secrets and the encar themselves for good measure, and while they learned the secrets, all of their castes were capable of it. They didn't manifest their new forms despite possessing the secret (I assume legend viewer/mode will show a change in name for those who have transformed), and they weren't all labeled as necromancers when they learned their respective secrets.

I'm at a total loss for understanding at this point and am ready to scrap the whole idea. Here is the raw for the modified blessing. I hope you can help me with this.

[INTERACTION:DRAGON_SECRET]
   [I_SOURCE:SECRET]
      [IS_NAME:the invocation of draconic soverignty]
      [IS_SPHERE:FIRE]
      [IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
      [IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRACONIAN]
      [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
      [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
      [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DRAGON_BLESSING]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Dracomancer]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_CLASS:DRAGON_BLESSING]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:DRACONIAN]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:DRAGON]
         [CE_ADD_TAG:CAN_SPEAK:CAN_LEARN:SUPERNATURAL:START:0]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:14:59 pm by Xeldrakka »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2016, 07:03:59 am »

I think the IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE token needs a caste entry after DRACONIAN. It might be possible to use ALL, so the line would be [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DRACONIAN_ALL]. Similar, the [CE:CREATURE:DRAGON] line should also need a caste. Here, you need to use MALE or FEMALE. Also, just to make sure, your DRACONIAN creature has the [CREATURE_CLASS:DRACONIAN] token, right?

Unfortunately, I don't think things will go much better than what I observed originally. I don't remember if I filed a bug report about this behavior, though.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:34 pm »

I will give all of that a once over and see if any of that helps. I didn't assign [CREATURE_CLASS:DRACONIAN] to my draconians. Haha. I'm very new to this still, and was under the impression that by designing and naming the creatures, they became a class as defined by their name. That could easily be a big chunk of the issue.

Thanks for all of your help so far. I'll let you know if I run into any new developments after utilizing this advice.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2016, 07:34:01 am »

Playing around with the Shyhak, the biggest problem I've encountered so far is simply that, because it's a fat glob, shyhak really want to barrel their pressed wax - and once they do, the craftsman's workshop loses sight of it.  Otherwise everything seems to work well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I made a mistake in stockpile settings.  Got it working as intended now.  Enjoying their mechanics a lot, though it'll be tricky getting enough valley herb to make holy wax.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:35:57 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2016, 02:15:33 am »

Further testing has revealed an actual problem with the shyhak - the reaction to refine fine wax into holy wax is 'KO_DF_HALLOW_GRAND_WAX', but in the entity file, they don't have that, but instead have KO_DF_REFINE_HOLY_WAX.  One or the other needs to be renamed so that shyhak can actually make holy wax.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:08 am »

Thanks, I've made a note of the problem for when I can get back to modding.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17