... less of something that I'll maybe post
- 2 (0.7%)
... something you left out of the poll that I'll maybe post
- 6 (2.1%)
... dragon liver roast
- 28 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Direforged Original 47.0X  (Read 105022 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.25
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 10:41:36 am »

Version 0.25 is now up.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:39 am »

Heh.  I think something in this mod besides the flarestone is explosive.  My wagon burst into flame on embark, melted my lead cage into a "lead."  All I can think of bringing that was new was a bag of frozenflame seeds.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:39 am »

Hm, shouldn't be the frozenflame seeds, I've embarked with those no problem. It shouldn't be flaring fungi either, you shouldn't get those on embark, and they shouldn't be hot enough to cause something to catch fire. So I'm not sure what would cause the problem currently. I'll try to keep an eye out.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 09:15:54 am »

Heh.  I think something in this mod besides the flarestone is explosive.  My wagon burst into flame on embark, melted my lead cage into a "lead."  All I can think of bringing that was new was a bag of frozenflame seeds.

You Didn't embark onto a particularly hot biome did you? That usually tends to be the cause of such stuff happening, but then, if it's at a heat where the wagon combusts and the metal melts, the dwarves usually melt along with it at the same time.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 09:38:53 am »

Yo, nevermind me.  I realized a few minutes later I had added a big pile of flarestone back when I made the embark profile and had forgotten to remove it.  That was what burst into flame.  Returning to the place to see a humorous large patch with no grass.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:54 am »

Ah, good. I should make the dangerous flarestone more obvious on the embark screen.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.5
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:34 am »

Version 0.5 is up. i haven't quite taken advantage of adventurer reactions, except adding Lofn's Wanderer's Friend mod, plus horn reactions and searching rope reed and turning it into thread.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.6
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:30 am »

Version 0.6 is finally up. Due to a weird caste-related crash, feathered encar are out for now because they pull the least weight - I did test it with other castes removed, so unless something truly weird is going on, it isn't a problem with the feathered encar specifically.

Chitin is now automatically usable after butchery, and hair now becomes fur with tanning. You may have to stop normal tan reactions and add the making of fur manually since I forgot to remove the automatic tag from tanning.

Kobolds now should only use copper, and there are a new megabeast and two night creatures as well.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.62 - Enemy Fortresses and bugfixes
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 02:05:13 pm »

A quick update to fix some bugs. The one major changeis to the itarin entity, which moved from a sprawling empire of skeletal undead to single-fortress outposts of all three deep evils.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Direforged Mod v0.75 - Frozen Reaches, Rising Mountains
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 06:49:19 am »

Version 0.75 is up, mostly aiming to add a little more variety to mountains and cold biomes. It adds eggs and wool for a few creatures, and the spiderdew reaction is simplified on account of the mead reaction. Outside of this, I made kobolds not eat and allowed copper anvils for the time being, accounting for some of the new problems.

The next version is tentatively version 1.0, tentatively named "For the Imperant!", and will likely include two (or more) new enemy entities, hobgoblins and the carmine court. The block_name tag makes me want to experiment if "carpet" could be implemented that way, and new reaction tokens make me interested in jumping on the adventure mode magic bandwagon. The other new game features will also find ways to expand the mod.

No time frame yet on the update to Dwarves in a new World, but it should be coming sooner rather than later.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 09:10:42 pm »

I was looking at the site/pop list export thing for a world I just genned, and it looks like it's treating umbrarachnes as clowns ("Unnumbered umbraranche"- looks like a typo btw- lumped in with the other clown types.) Is that intentional? I can't figure out what tag's doing it, unless it's having 5 for the underground_depth.

If it is, cool, didn't know designing our own clowns was possible in DF2010. :D
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 06:02:59 am »

They don't quite act like demons (they don't spawn with other demons on breach), but they do indeed dwell in hell thanks to that underground depth tag. I haven't had any luck in creating demons that act as such (the demon, demon_unique, titan, and feature_beast tags still are only for procedural creatures) unfortunately, but that's close enough.

In other news, I'm aiming to have the next versions of my mods ready to release soon, but then wait for the 32.01 release in order to quickly merge them in and release them, depending on the new features. I'm currently satisfied enough with the various evil fey of the Carmine Court, though I need to check some things regarding their spreading out or not.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 07:10:38 am »

Have you tried the [POWER] tag yet?

From the Wiki:

Allows the being to represent itself as a deity. Requires CAN_SPEAK to actually do anything more than settle at a location.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 07:27:43 am »

I did try it with them, but it's been a while, unlike my test with the demon tag. But that shouldn't impact lesser demon behavior - I think only unique demons have that tag.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 05:20:45 pm »

LOL, i laughed really loud this time, suddenly, when the dwarven merchant appeared, a firehound blood spattering appeared together, and it melted the bodies of the merchant and its Yak Cow, and started a huge forest fire that i will not forget in little time, i think it will take some time until the grass grow again... I'm recording it.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17