Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

I feel lucky.

(1/1)

Josiwe:
So there I am in my 40d18 fortress digging out some extra space for my metal ore stockpile when BLAMMO I breach the magma pool. A fire man comes racing out as I designate a wall to be built, and I'm thinking I am about to witness a lot of burning death.

So he chases after a donkey, apparently this fireman hates donkeys. He breaths a massive fire ball and incinerate the donkey, but nothing flammable is in the area so no fire catches. At this point my wrestler squad shows up. I haven't had time to train them in weapons yet, so they've got about 6000xp in wrestling, leather armor, and a couple of iron shields.

Meanwhile there are 5 (FIVE) more fire men watching the breach as my masons manage to get a wall up and my squad of two wrestlers takes down the invader, leaving behind a dead donkey, a pile of ash, and a broken left hand (yellow). The other guy wasn't even scratched! WHEW!!!

Urist Imiknorris:

--- Quote ---5 (FIVE) more fire men
--- End quote ---

You mean imps?

And you have those shields to thank.

Josiwe:
Oh yeah, they were imps upon further examination. And if you say so. Next time the caravan arrives I'm buying more shields :D

AncientEnemy:
imps are actually pretty weak as long as your dwarves aren't unlucky and get tagged by a fireball. if those were actual fire men, you'd have been in trouble :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version