Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should be able to designate area to remove mud  (Read 632 times)

Emnar

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun...I should know!
    • View Profile
Should be able to designate area to remove mud
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:45:41 pm »

It would be nice if you could designate an area of walls and floor for dwarves to clean the mud. There are workarounds like building furniture on a tile, but they don't work for wall/stair tiles or areas that are already built (like open, lever-linked floodgates), and they're clunky anyway.

This should be done via designation, because obviously you wouldn't want your farms cleaned, and you also wouldn't want obsessive-compulsive dwarves cleaning the entire mass of subterranean caverns.

You could even make the dwarves mop up 1/7 water, which seems a fairly realistic task. Perhaps the job would require soap and a bucket, and would also get blood/ichor/etc.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Should be able to designate area to remove mud
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:52:15 am »

A "clean" designation would work. Automating it as a room or burrow property would be helpful as well, for nobles quarters or area's/workshops that need frequent cleaning, like the butcher's shop or entrance hallway.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Emnar

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun...I should know!
    • View Profile
Re: Should be able to designate area to remove mud
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:07:23 am »

I thought that, but dwarves are supposed to clean when they're idle (and if they have the tendency), even though right now it's a bit broken.  Of course, it would make sense that they'd remove anything "messy" in the designated area.