Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Crematorium Workshop.  (Read 14213 times)

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
Re: Crematorium Workshop.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:53:36 pm »

I've been trying to finish the new version to no avail. Seems you can't tell the reaction that you just want corpses.. not bones, not skulls... but Noooo!, it wants to use all body related parts.  >:(

Also from that.. I still cannot get it to produce fat from said corpses, It likes to make corpse related muscles instead.. sure they are cook-able(yay?) but you can't stash them anywhere between production and cooking, so they just clutter up the crematorium, and really, I don't want my crematorium to produce animal muscles instead of fat.

As it stands, sadly, you can only cremate the items in the previous version.. you will still have Miasma problems from non-buturable corpses until we can figure out how to distinguish between corpses and bones.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »

But at least it burns the vermin remains, right? Right now they are not used for anything, so it would be a nice way to get rid of them while getting usable ashes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 03:50:35 pm »

But at least it burns the vermin remains, right? Right now they are not used for anything, so it would be a nice way to get rid of them while getting usable ashes.

Yes, it currently burns remains and rottable, unused, butchering scrap.
Past modding projects:
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »

Probably won't work, but I thought I'll ask anyway.  Could there be any chance of this smart device solving the "other" problem, namely having over 50 blood splatters on the same tile.  Would be cool if blood splatter can be treated as item and burnt to nothing.....  then again, contaminants probably work differently...

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 06:41:27 am »

Probably won't work, but I thought I'll ask anyway.  Could there be any chance of this smart device solving the "other" problem, namely having over 50 blood splatters on the same tile.  Would be cool if blood splatter can be treated as item and burnt to nothing.....  then again, contaminants probably work differently...

I'll do a quick test as blood, ichor, and goo are all outlined in the material templates.
Past modding projects:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:48 am »

What do you call by butchering scrap? The non-cookable parts bug was solved, so you can now cook almost anything.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 07:33:16 am »

What do you call by butchering scrap? The non-cookable parts bug was solved, so you can now cook almost anything.

Scrap being Hair, sinew, cartilage, and nervous tissue, are currently unusable for anything other then clogging up refuse piles.
these items seem to be the only ones able to give me real animal fat as well.

Finished the quick test.. fluids like blood are completely ignored by the crematorium.. I guess you will have to wait for a cleaner to come by and scrub that away.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:34:52 am by Lazureus »
Past modding projects:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 08:01:39 am »

I thought you mean intestines too... Yeah, hair and sinew are cool to be cremated.

Also I tried to work with blood too, no success yet... :(
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 11:42:08 am »

I thought you mean intestines too... Yeah, hair and sinew are cool to be cremated.

Also I tried to work with blood too, no success yet... :(

Not directly related to the crematorium  (works great at getting rid of vermin! I threw away my old save games for a new one just to get this in), but wrt to blood, is it possible to say set the boiling point low, such that it will evaporate upon being created?  Just a random tot.... (I'll try it when I have time to search the raws)

edit: Adding on: just changing raws for a savegame won't work... at least not visibly yet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:58:08 am by sphr »

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 12:46:33 pm »

Won't that boil the blood of the dwarves while it's in their body?  Leading to Fun Times?

sketchyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »

I attempted to make a magma crematorium, and I was able to make the magma building, but neither reaction works in neither building.

The changes I made:

-added [FUEL] to reactions
-added a new custom workshop, with the name and id "Magma_crematorium" and the additional tag [NEEDS_MAGMA]
-added the workshop to entity default

Can you try that on your working copy?  I'm not sure why it isn't working for me.

sketchyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 11:02:10 pm »

ah, fixed it.

added the tag [BUILDING:MAGMA_CREMATORIUM:NONE] to each of the reactions, so it would appear in the magma crematoriums as well.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 04:54:20 am »

ah, fixed it.

added the tag [BUILDING:MAGMA_CREMATORIUM:NONE] to each of the reactions, so it would appear in the magma crematoriums as well.

nice, thank you.. ill put together a new version on the weekend..
Past modding projects:

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 01:37:25 pm »

Also might want to add "blocks" since I don't think most dwarves are going to walk on a cremation oven XD

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:55 pm »

Mmm, as to the uselessness of hair, couldn't you set up some sort of custom reaction for a loom to weave hair into thread and then into cloth for the textile industry?
Pages: 1 [2] 3