Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 92115 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 5 dawns cool and quiet
« Reply #795 on: May 10, 2010, 11:23:47 am »

No Lynch puts us in a stalemate. Scum keeps on no-killing until the town lynches, and town keeps on no-lynching until the scum kills. Worse, we have a psychic warden who blocks characters, and a mind-shield. You'd keep getting blocked, and if Janus were a dopple he wouldn't attack, knowing it would incriminate him...

We'd just keep going and going and going. And that's no fun, plus the game would be force-ended by Meph at that point.

So, for now, we wait.
Did you see what I did there oh man.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 10, 2010, 11:26:13 am »

"The Doppelgangers may choose to skip thier night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:11 am »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Org
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoface, Solifuge

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 10, 2010, 11:34:18 am »

Extension.

I'll vote JanusTwoFace for now, if I must.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:40 pm »

"The Doppelgangers may choose to skip thier night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill."

Hmmm... very well.

Unvote Pandarsenic and No Lynch. This is actually a good idea, and gives Org a chance to Psy-Block Pandarsenic before the dopple is forced to kill.

And if they do kill, we've pretty much got it down.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #800 on: May 10, 2010, 12:57:55 pm »

Mephansteras:  How does the time limit work if the Dopp chooses to kill but is blocked by a Psychic Warden?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 10, 2010, 01:01:29 pm »

Soli wants me to no block.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 10, 2010, 01:05:11 pm »

Mephansteras:  How does the time limit work if the Dopp chooses to kill but is blocked by a Psychic Warden?

The time limit for the Dopps is the number of days they can go without killing before they have no choice in the matter. If they are blocked they simply lose the choice of whether or not to kill the next night. They have to keep trying.

General note: This game is limited to 7 active day/night cycles. On the 8th day, the game ends and anyone who hasn't won yet loses.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2010, 01:10:48 pm »

Shiny.

So the thing that worries me most is that Pandarsenic is the one to bring up the No Lynch.  If he's an Advanced Dopp we could be in all manner of trouble.  We'll still have a lynch tomorrow but with no idea who the dopp is.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2010, 02:11:10 pm »

I quit. Org, you are the worst possible partner to attempt to work with, and my patience in trying is expended.

For perspective, here was the plan.
Last Night, Org doesn't block anyone. I tell Pandar to "turn off his gun" so Janus can block him. This wasn't happening; instead, I asked Janus to protect Org, and Org to do nothing. The following were the intended results:

1) Pandar is Scum: Sensing a safe opportunity to kill Org or me, he would have a clean shot at either of us, and could easily pin it on Janus. However, Org would have been Vengefully guarded, which would have killed him if he attacked. Being that I am now a powerless player, I was most likely not going to be his target if both of us were unprotected available.

2) Janus is scum: Janus was told that Org is blocking Pandar tonight, so if scum he would no-kill, in hopes to frame Pandar, foment his lynch, and then win.

But what does Org do? He blocks Janus, breaking the whole chain, and effectively ruining any info that could have been gleaned, etc.

So then, I attempt to scramble to piece together the wreckage. Today, I publically imply that Org will Psy-Block Pandarsenic and disable his counter-killing ability, and intended to privately tell Janus to bodyguard him, tell Pandar to Keep his Gun On, and ask Org privately to not psy-block him at all. The goal is:

1) If Pandar is a Dopple, he won't attack, Janus will target him, and die (if he really is a War Vet) or will be alive if he isn't, thus clearing up the WIFOM or revealing Pandar to have lied about being a War Vet, thus allowing Org and I to lynch him assuredly tomorrow.

2) If Janus is a Dopple, he would do nothing, wanting to make it appear as though.

So I tell Org not to block him, and why, and then:
Durp Durp Durp. Way to sabotauge things once again. This is the 3rd night you've done this, Org.

In conclusion, the remaining players are 1/4 Scum, and 1/4 Pant's-On-Head Retarded, so we're as good as outnumbered... especially since Org seems to have made it his personal crusade to sabotauge anything I can hope to do. My future policy will be to lynch Org on Day 1, given any remotely probable cause.

Anyway, I have lost the desire to try to plan anything, so I'll just lynch vote, and hope to end it one way or another. Pandarsenic, my unusually lengthy temper is worn thin. Please take this gracefully and stand still so we can shoot you.

And Org, you're doing everything but helping right now. I'd encourage you to make more use of that big lump of pinkish-grey matter in your head. It's there for a reason.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 10, 2010, 02:17:23 pm »

Parts of the last post made no sense, since I was jumping around to organize my thoughts, and I think I trailed off in one or two places.

Adendum: Given evidence, the scum is Janus, and not Pandarsenic. I also know I'll never get Org off his one-track-mind to vote for him, but I am eagerly anticipating this being finished. Also, in the event that I am right, and Panda is Town, I'd ask that you kill me first, Janus, such that your unwitting accomplice can go a-frolicking off with you, eating people in distant lands.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 10, 2010, 03:27:36 pm »

I quit. Org, you are the worst possible partner to attempt to work with, and my patience in trying is expended.

For perspective, here was the plan.
Last Night, Org doesn't block anyone. I tell Pandar to "turn off his gun" so Janus can block him. This wasn't happening; instead, I asked Janus to protect Org, and Org to do nothing. The following were the intended results:

1) Pandar is Scum: Sensing a safe opportunity to kill Org or me, he would have a clean shot at either of us, and could easily pin it on Janus. However, Org would have been Vengefully guarded, which would have killed him if he attacked. Being that I am now a powerless player, I was most likely not going to be his target if both of us were unprotected available.

2) Janus is scum: Janus was told that Org is blocking Pandar tonight, so if scum he would no-kill, in hopes to frame Pandar, foment his lynch, and then win.

But what does Org do? He blocks Janus, breaking the whole chain, and effectively ruining any info that could have been gleaned, etc.

So then, I attempt to scramble to piece together the wreckage. Today, I publically imply that Org will Psy-Block Pandarsenic and disable his counter-killing ability, and intended to privately tell Janus to bodyguard him, tell Pandar to Keep his Gun On, and ask Org privately to not psy-block him at all. The goal is:

1) If Pandar is a Dopple, he won't attack, Janus will target him, and die (if he really is a War Vet) or will be alive if he isn't, thus clearing up the WIFOM or revealing Pandar to have lied about being a War Vet, thus allowing Org and I to lynch him assuredly tomorrow.

2) If Janus is a Dopple, he would do nothing, wanting to make it appear as though.

So I tell Org not to block him, and why, and then:
Durp Durp Durp. Way to sabotauge things once again. This is the 3rd night you've done this, Org.

In conclusion, the remaining players are 1/4 Scum, and 1/4 Pant's-On-Head Retarded, so we're as good as outnumbered... especially since Org seems to have made it his personal crusade to sabotauge anything I can hope to do. My future policy will be to lynch Org on Day 1, given any remotely probable cause.

Anyway, I have lost the desire to try to plan anything, so I'll just lynch vote, and hope to end it one way or another. Pandarsenic, my unusually lengthy temper is worn thin. Please take this gracefully and stand still so we can shoot you.

And Org, you're doing everything but helping right now. I'd encourage you to make more use of that big lump of pinkish-grey matter in your head. It's there for a reason.
Nope. Pandar is scum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:40 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoface: Org, Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic: JanusTwoface, Solifuge
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 10, 2010, 04:27:36 pm »

I... what?

Is NOBODY voting someone they think is scum?

Soli thinks Janus is scum and votes for me, Org thinks I'm scum and votes for Janus, I'm not sure but in light of Solifuge's revelations and Janus' mindshield claim Janus is most probable scum though a NL is the best move today, and Janus... I guess he wants the War Veteran out of the way.

Also:
Shiny.

So the thing that worries me most is that Pandarsenic is the one to bring up the No Lynch.  If he's an Advanced Dopp we could be in all manner of trouble.  We'll still have a lynch tomorrow but with no idea who the dopp is.

I would have fired this off in the past - like, y'know, last night?

Also, if somebody flips "Townie" (especially Janus) they're an Advanced Doppelganger and I'm clear because an attempt to convert me would end with a faceshooting.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 10, 2010, 04:29:59 pm »

I have a plan guys.

No Lynch
, and No Actions.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58