Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Teldin's Mod: now 1.1 *new url*  (Read 5746 times)

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Teldin's Mod: now 1.1 *new url*
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2007, 10:46:00 pm »

There are a list of things it adds in the readme, PLUS I added FFT's alcohol and food mods, so that adds another 5-10 veggies and adds a bunch of random kitchen item names.

You can find the readme Here.

Also, here's a new download link:

http://teldin.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/teldin%27s+mod.zip

FFT

• Bay Watcher
  • stringless elsewhere -- don't click on old links
    • View Profile
    • audio
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Teldin:
<STRONG>There are a list of things it adds in the readme, PLUS I added FFT's alcohol and food mods, so that adds another 5-10 veggies and adds a bunch of random kitchen item names.</STRONG>

19  :)

onefishbluefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »

I cant seem to bring any of the new veggie seeds with me to a new fortress, is it supposed to be like that? If not, what should i change to make seeds available on the fortress load-out screen?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2007, 11:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by onefishbluefish:
<STRONG>I cant seem to bring any of the new veggie seeds with me to a new fortress, is it supposed to be like that? If not, what should i change to make seeds available on the fortress load-out screen?</STRONG>

You mean the outdoors veggies? The indoor ones include blackcap and whitecap mushrooms, which are edible raw, and some other indoor ones like dwarven cabbage.

If you mean the outdoor ones like blueberries, just add this to your dwarf entity in entity_default.ext: [OUTDOOR_FARMING]. Yup, that's it. Just stuff it somewhere. You may have to gen a new world though, don't remember if entities fix themselves up.

onefishbluefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 01:24:00 am »

Is there an easy to read list of the properties of each vegetable? Like if its edible raw and stuff?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by onefishbluefish:
<STRONG>Is there an easy to read list of the properties of each vegetable? Like if its edible raw and stuff?</STRONG>

Sort of. Go into your \raw\objects\ folder after you've installed the mod, then open up matgloss_plant.txt. There you'll see all the tags and tokens for the plant objects and their appropriate food and jams and stuff. Most of it is pretty self-explanatory.

FFT

• Bay Watcher
  • stringless elsewhere -- don't click on old links
    • View Profile
    • audio
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »

I've got each plant from my mod described in a list on my DF Wiki page

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

Heh, I've been making orcs as my first attempt at modding, and looking at yours, mine is almost exactly the same. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of the tags, though, like the ones for children, layering, and personality traits.

[ November 12, 2007: Message edited by: Tyrving ]

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »

I find the single-season plants pretty obnoxious.  I recommend making all plants grow during at least two seasons.

Beyond that, the mod's not bad.  I've pruned a few things (several items, orcs, some of the redundant giant spiders, etc), but overall I like the new stuff, especially the crops and barbed spikes.

Almost forgot to mention this since I fixed it myself, but you really ought to separate your additions into their own files.  Don't overwrite existing raws (e.g. entity_default).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]