Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released  (Read 121184 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.03 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:26 pm »

ALL HAIL ALEXA.... TOADY THE GREAT! :)

Anyways, WHOOYEA on allowing zombies (and skeletals?) in arena. Hopefully critters which are unkillable are now killable, gonna go test that out ASAP.

MUAHAA THE FRENCH

• Bay Watcher
  • you see my friend, we've both been boiled alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:44:06 pm »

okay, i'm dumb. how do i get this working with tiles?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 08:45:38 pm »

@c4lv1n: the underground irrigation thing is intentional, as it says you need mud underground in game.
Not true, it has been stated several times it is a bug.

Edit: Citation
Er, does Toady have to confirm those bugs or could anyone just submit whatever they felt as a bug and it get listed as "new"... just saying, I don't know if I'd trust that as a source.

Yeah... looks like Toady has to "acknowledge" items and since it's not acknowledged... it's only a report, not confirmed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:47:09 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 08:47:12 pm »

Awesome. I'm gonna do testing on zombies/skeletals.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 08:48:02 pm »

Thanks!

I know I can use my saves, but to use the changes in the raws I will have to generate a new world?

It should be safe to replace the raws in your save folders with the new version's copied raws.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:38 pm »

Fantastic, as much as I love the fort I was running previously, I think I'll be genning a new one simply because I love terrifying environments.

Now if only I can remember if the one with zombie elephants and a volcano was deleted or not.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 08:50:58 pm »

Thanks!

I know I can use my saves, but to use the changes in the raws I will have to generate a new world?

It should be safe to replace the raws in your save folders with the new version's copied raws.

I think so...  the minotaur makes me a little nervous.  I haven't tried deleting an appearance modifier before, and I'm not sure the game will like it.  You might want to use your old minotaur (from creature_standard.txt).

I should be looking at farming pretty soon.  I know there are reports on it, and the issue I remember from testing was that a soil wall underground below an underground soil tile wasn't supporting farming, and it probably should.  Farming up in the mountains without full soil walls should require mud.  I'm not sure soil walls should support underground plants at all, because that would encourage dwarves to settle away from the mountains, which is bizarre.  I'm not sure what's going on above ground, but it's best to keep the discussion of specific bugs in the bug reports on the tracker, I think, if there's something specific and bad going on.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

labouts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 08:53:28 pm »

Heh, Toady posted something on it right before I typed this; nevermind.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:56:23 pm by labouts »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »

Huh.  Skeletons have cartilage.  The cartilage material template appears to be missing ROTS.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:29 pm »

Fleshballs are still immortal, the mudman doesn't melt or whatever in magma (maybe this is actually normal?) and the blizzardman doesn't die when immersed in magma.

Edit: Actually, looks like edged weapons rather than blunt kills a flesh ball.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:06:38 pm by smjjames »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »

I should be looking at farming pretty soon.  I know there are reports on it, and the issue I remember from testing was that a soil wall underground below an underground soil tile wasn't supporting farming, and it probably should.  Farming up in the mountains without full soil walls should require mud.  I'm not sure soil walls should support underground plants at all, because that would encourage dwarves to settle away from the mountains, which is bizarre.  I'm not sure what's going on above ground, but it's best to keep the discussion of specific bugs in the bug reports on the tracker, I think, if there's something specific and bad going on.

It's a lot more complicated to set your farming in rock than in 2d version, because you don't always have water near. But it is a lot more fun. You really have to think to make an adequate system.

But maybe you should allow buckets of soil to be spread over rock in the future... to those who aren't willing in have the trouble I am having in my current fort (three years and I'm still building the farm system - 10 screw pumps already set)

Emnar

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun...I should know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 09:10:44 pm »

Looks like megabeasts are still unkillable if you aren't lucky enough to sever a critical body part before it goes red.

The pathing fixes are excellent, though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 09:11:37 pm »

Just checked and at least undead are killable now.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 09:23:36 pm »

But maybe you should allow buckets of soil to be spread over rock in the future... to those who aren't willing in have the trouble I am having in my current fort (three years and I'm still building the farm system - 10 screw pumps already set)

There's a current Suggestions thread about defining irrigation zones that work without the dumb workaround of placing a pond zone on the level above.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »

I did a quick test and it seems that there is no pathfinding problems in my fortress now.

Great job Toady!
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23