Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Untapping HFS?  (Read 33727 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
Re: Untapping HFS?
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 04:55:45 pm »

For some reason, the idea of cats taking over hell sounds really hilarious. Not for the demons though, who have to hack their way through fluffy kittens, just to get to the damn Urist running his damn dwarf legs off.

My salutations to you LordSlowPoke, you have proven yourself to be a real dwarf, by nuking hell with cats, impaling demons with balista arrows and crushing them catapults. Armok would be proud.

Solarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:53 pm »

Edit2: Apparently you can't make slade hammers. Yet, you can make sharp blades out of it. So I'll make a huge passageway lined with traps filled with whatever I can get my hands on. Hope they don't have [TRAPAVOID].
So slade is like more awesome obsidian?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:56 pm »

Well, yeah. But the down side is that slade is ~9.456 times as dense as platinum. That's heavy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 05:36:11 pm »

You might be able to distract the demons with a captured bronze colossus, unless they are killable now.

There's bound to be a demon that can utilize fire, which is one of Ol' Bronzie's only weaknesses.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 05:38:58 pm »

You might be able to distract the demons with a captured bronze colossus, unless they are killable now.

There's bound to be a demon that can utilize fire, which is one of Ol' Bronzie's only weaknesses.

Didn't think fire attacks actually hurt those guys, only prolonged magma.  Wasn't dragonfire tested on them and found to be ineffective?

Well, yeah. But the down side is that slade is ~9.456 times as dense as platinum. That's heavy.

I believe you mean up side.  ;)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

Didn't think fire attacks actually hurt those guys, only prolonged magma.  Wasn't dragonfire tested on them and found to be ineffective?
I've tested dragonfire on them and it works.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Solarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:04 pm »

I've tested dragonfire on them and it works.
Regular fire still doesn't though, so unless there's a demon that can breathe dragonfire, a colossus should be alright.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:12 pm »

How do you even expect to carry a hammer so heavy?! I mean, I know it does more damage when it's more heavy, but... How do you expect to carry it?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 06:07:50 pm »

...Tomorrow, I will attempt to mine out slade, make hammers out of it, and create a weapon trap made out of 10 slade hammers. That, combined with a 1-tile passageway, should do the trick. At least until it's jammed. *shrug*...

Small problem.  Slade can't be used.  You can't mine it.  If you mod the game so you can mine it, you still can't use it for anything.

Using exploits is fine too. I channeled my slade.
This produced usable stone?  Huh.  Channeling slade, in my experience, removes the floor but not the wall under it, and never produces a stone.  And no matter how much I tweaked the raws, I couldn't use slade when I forced it to be mineable.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 10:00:13 pm »

nuking hell with cats
nuking
cats

....I'VE GOT IT.

If a Catsplosion is an effective means of combating the Clowns as you siege the Carnival, how about you take it a step further and use a THERMONUCLEAR CATSPLOSION?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »

How do you even expect to carry a hammer so heavy?! I mean, I know it does more damage when it's more heavy, but... How do you expect to carry it?

Well, I can carry a whale by myself, can't I?  Can't weigh more than a whole whale.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 10:34:11 pm »

Well, I can carry a whale by myself, can't I?  Can't weigh more than a whole whale.

I'm sure somone can work out how much an in-game hammer weighs in Slade, but if we assume that in-game warhammers are similar to real-life warhammers, with a wooden haft 20 inches long and 1 inch in diameter and a steel head, lets see, mathcraft time.

Ok, a Warhammer made entirely of Slade would weigh somewhere around 100 kilograms. Give or take.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 10:45:33 pm »

Ok, a Warhammer made entirely of Slade would weigh somewhere around 100 kilograms. Give or take.
I can see it now

I am Urist McHeavy and this *gestures with hammer* is my weapon
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 12:34:17 am »

nuking hell with cats
nuking
cats

....I'VE GOT IT.

If a Catsplosion is an effective means of combating the Clowns as you siege the Carnival, how about you take it a step further and use a THERMONUCLEAR CATSPLOSION?

Dude. Win. This must be done. And video'd.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 01:23:59 am »

nuking hell with cats
nuking
cats

....I'VE GOT IT.

Dude. Win. This must be done. And video'd.

But if magma won't do anything to them, what good is the thermonuclear option?

Unless some aren't magma-immune?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12