Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!  (Read 66396 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plump helmet man, you are mine now!
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:04:23 pm »

So some plump helmet men just wandered into cage traps, and I now have three of the sucker stock piled.

Supposedly these guys can be eaten... raw!  No need to butcher, just kill and eat.  My question is, should I just drop them into a small room full of axe traps and watch the tasty mushroom flesh fly, or can I, say, dump them all in a pit somewhere and let them multiply?

;D

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:10:19 pm »

i doubt the dwarfs will eat any type of -men

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:17:42 pm »

But they look so....  tasty!  Omnomnomnomnom

Magmawiki disagrees with you.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:45:28 pm »

Turn them into a farm.  Try to make a plumpman breeding program and eat the young.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:22 pm »

Just wondering, but if these guys have "mushroom" tissue layers as the raws state, what does that tell us about how they take damage?

I am wondering if I can hack them up then let their body parts regerate or something.  :)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:01:30 pm »

Why would you eat Toad?? D:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 05:51:41 pm »

Oh my god, Toad. Man, ever since I realized that mushrooms are basically decapitated citizens of mushroom kingdom, I have looked at the game way differently.
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:19:18 pm »

Plump Helmets are purple. So technically, they're eating Toadette. An acceptable loss to the Mushroom Kingdom.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:04 pm »

I'm unspeakably disappointed. A dwarven fortress has discovered a sentient creature made out of mushrooms, and no one has proposed brewing him?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:35:54 pm by FreakyCheeseMan »
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

thelordberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:20 pm »

I'm unspeakably dissspointed. A dwarven fortress has discovered a sentient creature made out of mushrooms, and no one has proposed brewing him?
Sigged. That was awesome.
I'm unspeakably dissspointed. A dwarven fortress has discovered a sentient creature made out of mushrooms, and no one has proposed brewing him?

Radivnal

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me fall on you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 10:05:25 pm »

I'd be far more concerned that someone would have proposed...milking them...

*shudder*
Speaking of which, how is fire in the new version?
out of personal experience, where a dwarf was set alight by a magmaman, ran up 150 flights of stairs, and divebombed into the booze stockpile, I'd have to say fire is the same as always.

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 10:10:05 pm »

Mmmm...Mushroom cheese.

Try and tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:13:01 pm »

speaking of dwarven cheese, I've yet to see any purring maggots.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 10:14:20 pm »

Dude.  We could milk them..  FOR BOOZE.  Do you think we could mod it to milk directly, or would we need a custom reaction in another workshop?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 12:04:20 am »

Sigged. That was awesome.

You *know that's what they'd do... I can just imagine it...

...The Plump Helmet Man ambassador took a step forward, extending his tuber in a traditional offering of peace, trying to fight off his vague since of unease at his race's newfound cohabitants of the caverns they called home.

The dwarf before him didn't respond, but somewhere beneath the mishappen lump of rotten kitten leather a bearded face moved.

*sniff sniff*
*twitch*

The diplomat took a step back, turning to look whisper to his guard, a panicked look on the large guard from the third kingdom.

"Did he just... growl?"
"Screw diplomacy, let's get out of here! We'll send them a fruit basket, or... or... god, bob, they've blocked the exit?"

The dimplomat turned back angrily to the dwarf before him to protest, only to be met with a -=wooden mace=- traveling the other way, and everything went black.

The diplomat awoke to find himself soaking in a tub of unknown liquid, chains tying him down.  Above him he could see the bearded face of a dwarf, prodding him with a long stick and stirring the concoction around him as he soaked; behind that he could just make out a complicated series of tubes and aparati.

As conciousness returned to him, his ears began to pick up a sound, one familiar from his many years in the damp cavern, but one given fresh horror with the dawning realization of what they were doing to him.

Drip.

Drip.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11