Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: "The Blender"  (Read 11768 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: "The Blender"
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 10:47:17 am »

The worst part is that there are little skeletal arm looking things everywhere now (using K does not show what they are, I'm using Mayday's Tileset)
broken arrows. :)

Ah how do I get rid of them?
I don't think you can, actually, I 'think' they disappear during season changes, or have a chance, but if not, uhh... :)

Laiska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 02:53:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
.  Floor
+ Fortifications
# wall
_ channel
T  Trap
< Up-stairs
> down-ways

1:st floor.

..>..
__T__
+_T_+
+_T_+
+_T_+
+_T_+
##.##

basement:

##<##
#...#
#...#
#...#
#...#
#...#
#####
if the creatures dodge, they fall to channel, its not a Grinder, its a marksman training device.
This is a stack of 21 well-prepared creeping eye intestines roast. The ingredients are well-minced prepared creeping eye heart, minced creeping eye meat, minced creeping eye meat and minced prepared creeping eye intestines.

... Could i have some wine with that?

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

Pretty sure that building anything on that tile and then removing it will clear the broken arrow graphic, although that's a bit of a pain and I think it also kills the tile so that nothing will grow there in the future.  This is likely something that could be cleaned up with a dfhack tool, if someone wrote one to do it.

On the main topic, since I had tons of bone crossbows I built a large array of crossbow traps - boy, I'll never do that again.  Great one-time pow but soooooo much labor to reset.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2010, 12:28:29 am »

I'm wondering if Tenderizer using 10 hammers would produce zero mess because it would kill solely from blunt trauma, I mean it wouldn't kill as easily but it would make no mess except the main body and items right?
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2010, 02:58:37 am »

I'm wondering if Tenderizer using 10 hammers would produce zero mess because it would kill solely from blunt trauma, I mean it wouldn't kill as easily but it would make no mess except the main body and items right?
right.
but use spiked balls instead. they will do blunt and piercing damage and do have 3 attacks each. wiki says the only do have piecing damage, but i think the wiki infos about these components are outdated.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2010, 03:50:11 am »

It's not just the wiki - all trap components deal edged damage according to the RAWs.

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2010, 07:02:47 am »

What we need is a big 'Indiana Jones' style "huge rolling rock" kind of trap.

Like you build a big stone ball out of several stone blocks, give it a rolling direction, and then link it to a pressure plate that sets off the stone ball and send it thundering down the hall, instantly squishing all that don't run away or dodge it (except ofcourse the mpre powerful monsters, like titans and the like).

You should be able to carve out curves to make it change directions as well, and have it plunge into magma at the end of the track.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]