Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!  (Read 66382 times)

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2010, 02:47:22 am »

The gills on the underside of mushroom caps are where they make and store spores.  Or at least store and release spores.

So more properly reproductive organs.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:40 am »

Ah. So should I add gills as well?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2010, 02:53:43 am »

If you want to.  They'll be nonfunctional as of now.  It'll basically be on the underside of the cap which is attached to the head, so the layering seems somewhat confusing on the surface.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:08 am »

If you want to.  They'll be nonfunctional as of now.  It'll basically be on the underside of the cap which is attached to the head, so the layering seems somewhat confusing on the surface.
Hummm... What if the body is like this: standard humanoid form, but with a cap-like head with eyes and gills as a mouth item?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2010, 03:17:29 am »

I like it.  Would definitely be an interesting way to watch 'em eat...

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »

So, when are we going to see "PHM Fortress" mods,  also did anyone make a topic for this in the modding subforum

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2010, 12:43:14 pm »

Surprisingly no.  So I just made one.

So, PHM Modding Section Topic to continue the discussion in.  http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54912.msg1180524#msg1180524

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2010, 01:58:15 pm »

Heh. Nip them in the bud.

You win the award for horrible puns as well! =P
Puns, you say?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2010, 04:04:23 am »

Bahahahah...Facepalm. ^.^

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »

I was looking through an old history book recently, and found this. No comment on the accuracy, but I thought it was an interesting story.
To:    Georges Clemenceau

This was found in an abandoned foxhole. It may be just the scribblings of a madman, but may be worth looking into; signs of a possible biological weapon?

The original scribblings were dirtied and grammatically incorrect, but fully understandable. I have corrected them as best I can; it is the belief of our engineer that the original will not survive transport, so I am storing it here at the western front. We do not believe the Germans can penetrate our lines, so it will be safe enough.

----

Diary entry of Urist Armlistrand. 1073, month.. who the hell knows in this place. Call it obsidian.

It has been seven months since I first came here. Seven months without a drop of true-water, and I don't think I can last much longer. The world of Armok is truly a cruel place.

You who come here after me, beware. Though they make what they call alcohol here, it is corrupted and weakened, unable to replenish our vital fluids. I thought we could survive here: I was wrong!

The priests are wrong! Alcohol is not a sacrament! It is a necessity, one created by our own foolishness! Even now, I feel the terrible lethargy as the roots penetrate my flesh, turning me into one of them. It should hurt, oh Armok, I should be screaming in pain! But all I feel is numbness, and a terrible, creeping cold.

Do not eat the flesh of the plump helmets who walk! It is our undoing. Seven seasons ago, I partook of that of the walking ones, and I am now paying for it. Avoid the walkers!

But if it is too late, always drink. The true-water will prevent their seed from sprouting.

..as it does in me, now.

C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2010, 02:02:09 am »

Hilarious and awesome, Baughn.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2010, 09:35:09 pm »

*Looks at a few raw files*

It MIGHT, just might, be possible to make the children vermin, change there tile to a single dot like the rats, and change there name to 'Plump helmet man spawn'.

I MUST TRY IT!
Right after I light a beard on fire...
I remember somebody else wanted to do this with all sorts of enemies, to make sieges harder. Their verminous spawn would penetrate fortifications, etc, and then suddenly mature into a warrior inside your fortress. Unfortunately, I think the word from on high is that verminousness is one of the few things that is not yet applicable at a caste level.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:06 am »

evil story

Interestingly, beer is not brewed in a distillery in reality.  It would be brewed in the kitchen.  Now, dwarven rum would be distilled AFTER being brewed, again, in a kitchen....

Not sure if they will ever get around to updating that...

And yet you choose to ignore the fact that were brewing with fungi.

Well, if anything's equipped to break down fungi, it'd be another fungus.

Though I remember some discussion of the idea of mushroom wine IRL...  Something about HFS being mentioned.

As it is, one does need to make up a "mash" in order to get the stuff to distill, so the plump helmet man being made into a mash makes sense at least.  And given their bizarre anatomy, being semi-aware of one's surroundings while in such a discombobulated state isn't too far fetched.
I found it
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7244456.html
but damn, it's already been patented.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »

If sentience tastes like tears, then sentience is delicious.

I've drank tears before.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11