Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!  (Read 66390 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Plump helmet man, you are mine now!
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010, 01:25:25 pm »

I don't know why you're all doing this to poor plump helmet man. He is a fun guy.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »

I don't know why you're all doing this to poor plump helmet man. He is a fun guy.
Whom we can EAT RAW.
Haven't you read the wiki?
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »

Whom we can EAT RAW.

*cough*

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 01:33:31 pm »

Whom we can EAT RAW.

*cough*

*rubs temples*
See, normally I have a self-defense mechanism, where I just don't recognize puns, so I don't have to feel this kind of pain.
So thanks. Thanks for taking that safety away from me.
*runs off crying*
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 01:34:25 pm »

Whom we can EAT RAW.

*cough*

*rubs temples*
See, normally I have a self-defense mechanism, where I just don't recognize puns, so I don't have to feel this kind of pain.
So thanks. Thanks for taking that safety away from me.
*runs off crying*
I still don't get it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 01:36:42 pm »

Heh. I almost made a 'eh is a fun guy and doesn't afraid of anything' joke but thought it was too obvious :P

That being said, has anyone cranked up PHM's reproduction rates and lowered child ages? Theoretically with enough breeding and dismemberment (and possibly regeneration if that's a creature token, don't recall) a family of horrifically tortured PHMs could feed a whole fort (with their sorrow).

I still don't get it.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 01:39:57 pm »

Heh. I almost made a 'eh is a fun guy and doesn't afraid of anything' joke but thought it was too obvious :P

That being said, has anyone cranked up PHM's reproduction rates and lowered child ages? Theoretically with enough breeding and dismemberment (and possibly regeneration if that's a creature token, don't recall) a family of horrifically tortured PHMs could feed a whole fort (with their sorrow).

I still don't get it.

Possibly, but you'd need to keep a population alive, and frankly, I don't think dwarves have that kind of restraint.

Sure, you'd wall off a section of cavern for them, keep cage traps and pressure points rigged up so you catch only so many of them, but sooner or later you'd look in there and see nothing but mycanoid body parts and one very fat, very happy dwarf.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 01:46:46 pm »

Say, what do we know of spore-based reproduction as of the current version?

Since the raws on the wiki say they have female and male plump helmet men. But it called them castes... Whereas in previous versions that term wasn't used to differentiate the sexes in the raws.  That just a universal change for the 2010 version? But that the babies are size 0, is that vermin/invisible size or something that'd be appropriate of spores, or is that just the size babies are so they can be inventory items like for dorfs?

Something I just noticed, they have [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE].    Some part of me just keeps telling me that [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] is quite inappropriate for them.  Fungal reproduction is one of the lowest form of parental investment in terms of reproduction due to just putting out large numbers of hardy, small spores.  Plants get more support from their parents due to the way seeds work.  Well, unless they're from spore-producing plants.  Then I can't recall what differences exist between the spores other than in activation keys and behaviors.

Someone needs to corral (possibly in one side of a pair of some sort of airlock separated enclosures so that they can be moved to see if spores are left behind that'll become plump helmet men) some without eating them (blasphemous as it is, it must be done for SCIENCE!) in order to see whether they spread spores which grow into babies or if the babby plump helmet men emerge from parental plump helmet men.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:54:55 pm by Coidzure Dreams »

Krumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »

You people make me sick, I would never even dream of killing a plump helmet man. If anything I would trap them and then release them down a pit with little houses for them where they can live and reproduce and frolic.

How dare anyone lay a finger on these lovely creatures.
Only in Dwarf Fortress could you get 4 armed heads scuttling about on cavern roofs.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2010, 02:05:15 pm »

Picture says it all, I mean what.

1.  A bunch of plump helmet men.
2.  I SLAPPED this guys leg off with a SOWRD.

Tee hee

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

You people make me sick, I would never even dream of killing a plump helmet man. If anything I would trap them and then release them down a pit with little houses for them where they can live and reproduce and frolic.

How dare anyone lay a finger on these lovely creatures.
I think I'm gonna try to get into adventurer mode, *just* so I can find one of these guys and bite them to death... that or sever body parts and eat them one by one, while the thing is still alive... keeps the rest fresh, ya know?

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2010, 02:17:27 pm »

I still don't get it.

... Why did the Plump Helmet man go to the party?
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2010, 02:24:06 pm »

You can't eat plump helmet men.  At least not in adventure mode.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2010, 02:29:30 pm »

You can't eat plump helmet men.  At least not in adventure mode.
Biting is *like* eating...

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2010, 03:20:01 pm »

... Why did the Plump Helmet man go to the party?

He was the hors d'oeuvres?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54771.0 Suggestion to add the ability to nom to death.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11