Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Get Amped 2 - (Open) Closed Beta!  (Read 5188 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Get Amped 2 - (Open) Closed Beta!
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »

GetAmped 2 is my favorite MMO of all time....it is made by Cyberstep, Inc., a company based out of Japan. It is a popular MMO with over...lots of countries....

And now it's coming (back) to America. The game is a 3D third-person MMO. Players get stuck in an arena. (or a hotel...or a club...when it was first released it had ~8 maps, but its ancestor, Splashfighters/GetAmped has over 25.) And you fight. There is a team and amped death match, where you get one life. If you die, you are out for the rest of the round. There is also Street Fight, where you stay in as long as you want, revived when you die.

Fighting in GetAmped 2 is intense, and action-packed. Players get ready in the room, equipping accessories which change your powers (once you buy them, they never run out.), styles (the base of your character), items (you use them in battle, but there is a limited amount), and voices (change the sound effects of your character.)

Fighting isn't all there is though, in this sequel to GetAmped. You can go to Spin Square and chat with other players, synthesize accessories with items, and decorate your very own room.

This game WAS open in America before, but they had a mysterious server shutdown (they announced it, but gave no reason but that they were "moving to a new server (LIES! LIES! I had to email them to get this info...and it's lies!) And all player data is being reset. (FUUUUUUU! I had the rarest item in the game  >:()

Closed beta, available to everyone (so it's actually an open beta), opens on April 15th.

The website is ga2.getamped.com currently there is only the front page....and some other stuff. It has some pictures though.

Oh, one more thing! You can edit your character's looks with the in-game skin editor, although it is a little pricey to do so. There are two in game currencies- Crescents (Paid for!) and Wins (won every battle and mission!) There are many things that can be bought with Wins, but the most powerful stuff is bought with Crescents. Many powerful accessories can be won in the Lucky Draw, so I've never had to pay a dime.

If you need help, ask me! I'm in rank 195 in the prequel to this game, and I've been called a "pro" many times.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Get Amped 2 - (Open) Closed Beta!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »

Here is a link to the official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU4UyGwQKrQ&feature=player_embedded

and here's a gameplay video from one of the foreign versions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7hN2NbDPBo&feature=related
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

I opened the second link expecting to see something resembling Soulcalibur, and was treated to a throwback from the '90s.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:09:06 pm »

Uh... I guess that is a matter of opinion. Maybe you should mention it looks like a mix of Zelda, Mario, and Street Fighter. ;D

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:05 pm »

Haha. :D

I forgot the game art. The game art is made of awesome. It's in the anime style, so its very cartoony-ish. The main page has an example. The guy in the soldier hat is named Mike, and he is my favorite NPC...and it totally has nothing to do with the fact that at a high enough rank, you can give him super weak items and get ultra-powerful ones...no, it has nothing at all to do with that.  ;)

EDIT: YES! I FOUND MY OLD SCREENSHOTS FOLDER!
I'll have some up tonight.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:35:25 pm by quinnr »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »

Here is the screenshots:
Spoiler: Me and Jacky! (click to show/hide)
That is an image of the main character, the one in the green is the main char...just kiddin'. That's me. Holding the awesomeness that is Dual Blades -Moon-. It's was the RAREST accessory in the game at the time of the reset.

Spoiler: Ogres Guild Room (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Losers! (click to show/hide)
A few people who are about to die.

Spoiler: Epic Music System (click to show/hide)
Another rare item I will miss, this music editor lets you change the music you hear in game...you can even send the files to friends who have the music player.
Me in my guild "The Ogres" room.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:08:26 pm »

Let see if my prediction was right.
Downloading.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 06:15:41 pm »

DAMMIT IT QUINNR HOW DO I USE THE INGAME MAIL SYSTEM.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 06:20:56 pm »

Do you have any friends?

Are you online? I'll meet you.

How you use it:
Open friends list, or people online list:

Click the book in the bottom right while in spin square, GAT stadium, or Mission HQ. Then click the "Channel" Or "Friends" tab. Click them, click conversation.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:22:51 pm by quinnr »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 06:28:56 pm »

find me in the park place yo.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »

Comin./

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:00:29 pm »

Apple Master says about GA2:
Quote from: Apple Master
Tis awesome.
I'll be back.

SO COMMON AND PLAY!

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »

Playing it right now. Quinnr, do you know how to use a controller with it? I have a USB one, but just plugging it in doesnt let it sense it...
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 11:35:46 pm »

Hrm....I don't really. Actually, plug it in, then go to the controller thing, click on a command, and press the button.

That might work.

Also, I'm coming online, what's your username? (If you're still online that is.)
I must get to the rank where I get a guild....Also, most of the accessories are free, because this is beta. Its getting wiped on...May 20th I think.

Had to reinstall due to a glitch where everything was untranslated. Please be in English now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:46:41 pm by quinnr »
Pages: [1] 2