Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Vote Mafia: Special Edition - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 25273 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia: Special Edition - Day 1: Simulation
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:23 am »

Vote Leafsnail.

Why do you keep being scum?
Random distribution, it would seem.  Unvote.

tehstefan, what do you think of the Subtraction Voter, who can turn all of someone's votes negative in the night?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:53 am »

I know of the Copycat Voter.  You copy the power of whoever you are voting for at the end of the day.

Hmm... considering how webadict claims to have always done the roles, it might not be a great idea to MC them now.  The mafia would be able to work out our roles easily.

Did you mean our roles or the other known role?  It's a little late for the latter and we've never done the former in a Vote Mafia (we've always figured it out before then) in any case.

Triple Voter can either stack three votes on one, or split it up between two or three people.

Is that you, JanusTwoFace?

RVS question or rolefishing?  Tsk tsk if the latter.

Some poor lucky bastard is a Vanilla Voter. They have 1 (one!) vote, which they can change as many times as they want, choose not to use, and with the help of a motivator, can gain many more. Sadly, they can only use their ability during the day, so they've got to be careful.

I don't think we should trust this much power in the hands of one player. Policy lynch?

Definately.  Who knows what havoc that could cause?  On the other hand, whoever chose that role (if they actually did) choose that over two others.  Makes me think that they might have a role hiding its true nature.

tehstefan, what do you think of the Subtraction Voter, who can turn all of someone's votes negative in the night?

Could be a rather powerful role, depending on the three roles we don't know yet and how public it is.  Do you know if the negatived person is informed?  I'd guess so, but it could use clarification.

Spoiler: Known roles (click to show/hide)

Vector, tehstefan, and Org.  What second role do you have?

Right now, I'm thinking that Leafsnail is scum.  Mostly based off a feeling from the first post.  Good as anything at this point.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 11:37:35 am »

Janus, Vanilla Voter might just have had awful other choices or not believed those choices would be legit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40:13 am »

Janus, Vanilla Voter might just have had awful other choices or not believed those choices would be legit.

It's true, but it also might be something more.  Mostly because of Mephansteras' Mystery role from Vote Mafia 5.  At the very least it's a possibility.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 12:27:04 pm »

I know I've seen roles in this game where I'd rather be vanilla than the alternative. Nonvoter, for instance.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »

I'm here, but I don't have much time--I'll be back later.

I know of the Vengeful Voter who kills anyone with their vote on him at the end of the day, should he still be alive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:22 pm »

DAMN, that's a dangerous ability. Any limits on it, or what? Like, number of uses or conditions, or something?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »

DAMN, that's a dangerous ability. Any limits on it, or what? Like, number of uses or conditions, or something?

Nope.  Not as far as I know.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:44 pm »

I would know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:38 pm »

I'm not entirely sure about the role... it also doesn't say whether the inversion is permanent or temporary.  I'll ask webby both questions now.

I would know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D

The roles that I've seen in this game that would rank as possibly worse than Vanilla Voter:
Swing Voter - his vote is only a tiebreaker
Non Voter
Mystery Voter
!!Vengeful Voter!! (MASSIVE anti town potential.  I had to claim it day one when I had it before.  I think the picker of this is either slightly stupid or scum)
Negative Voter - some deceptive use for scum, but definately worse as town
??Shielded Voter?? - also voteless

So... maybe.

Janus - my first vote was because Jim broke the setup (well, at least rolewise) last time, and webby might be using the same system now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »

Ok -

Target is informed
It lasts for the rest of the game

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:11 pm »

To leafsnail, A subtraction voter sounds like something that could very disruptive, though I'm not sure what kind of town player would really want that.

As for my known voter, I have vote forcer, who can at night force someone to vote for a person of their choosing.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »

I'm here, but I don't have much time--I'll be back later.

I know of the Vengeful Voter who kills anyone with their vote on him at the end of the day, should he still be alive.

So if you think the Vengeful Voter is scum, vote to lynch them.  With that in mind, it's not as bad as it could be.

As for my known voter, I have vote forcer, who can at night force someone to vote for a person of their choosing.

Interesting combined with the Vengeful Voter.  If both are scum this could essentially give them two kills I think.  If both are town, it could give the town a second psuedo-lynch instead.

Janus - my first vote was because Jim broke the setup (well, at least rolewise) last time, and webby might be using the same system now.

I was confused when I first read that, but now it makes sense (and seems less scummy by far).  unvote

Out of curiousity, what do people think about claiming our actual roles once we have all of the known roles?  I've always wanted to try it in a Vote Mafia, this could be the one.

Also, Org.  Where did you go?  You posted last night but nothing since then.  What role do you know?  While you're at it, a question: Which of the revealed roles would you least like to see in scum hands and why?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 12:26:15 am »

Severely Anti-Town Roles: Retaliation Voter, Vengeful Voter, Negative Voter, Vote Forcer.

Also, I'm going to claim now.

My options were Lovestruck Voter, OMGUS Voter, and the one I picked, Secret Voter.

I have no idea what the fuck I am. But there's a very real chance I may be the Retaliation Voter - not the Vengeful Voter though, that's my known role. I just know I have to be one of the passive roles. If you guys want, we can lynch one person and test if I'm that by having a second player be the only person voting me at the end of the day.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 01:25:39 am »

OMGUS voter? You auto-vote the last player to vote you?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17