Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What exactly is cheating?  (Read 3349 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly is cheating?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:33 am »

Again, why does what 3rd parties think matter? If you're not trying to flirt, who cares! Am I missing something? The only time that doesn't hold is when people say "i'm just naturally outgoing" and they do stuff that is more than just being outgoing.
The third party's do matter if that is a problem for you GF, as stated after this post, girls are a bit more agressive when it comes to emotions.

No no, I think he means he's the social, outgoing type, but other girls might get the impression he's hitting on HER/THEM.

That happens to me a lot. Just about constantly, really.
This. And it's annoying as hell.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 08:18:45 pm »

Again, why does what 3rd parties think matter? If you're not trying to flirt, who cares! Am I missing something? The only time that doesn't hold is when people say "i'm just naturally outgoing" and they do stuff that is more than just being outgoing.
The third party's do matter if that is a problem for you GF, as stated after this post, girls are a bit more agressive when it comes to emotions.

No no, I think he means he's the social, outgoing type, but other girls might get the impression he's hitting on HER/THEM.

That happens to me a lot. Just about constantly, really.
This. And it's annoying as hell.

I was amazed that in college, opening a door for a girl amounted to a pick up line. I was also amazed two little feminazis would start chewing my ear off for doing so. So I just closed it and walk off with a shrug. But no, mostly I compliment women or treat them with respect and suddenly I'm a love interest. I wish the bar for polite conduct toward the fairer sex would be raised, so what I do out of habit doesn't seem like above and beyond flirting.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 08:37:16 pm »

I wish the bar for polite conduct toward the fairer sex would be raised, so what I do out of habit doesn't seem like above and beyond flirting.

I think outside of places like college and high school, it is. College women......yeah. Many of them are only one step removed from their highschool selves, even as college seniors. And considering we have an emergency rape booth about every 300 yards on my campus....yeah. There's more than a little paranoia (not that it's unjustified) among college age women.

I sometimes get annoyed with the hypocrisy of women though. When you've got your ass hanging out of a pair of hot pants that reads "Juicy" on the back, don't get pissed because I'm looking, or react like I'm some kind of predator. Was that not the whole point of wearing hot pants in the first place?

One day someone is going to invent clothes that look different depending on whose looking at them...and on that day, women everywhere will make them rich.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:13:06 pm »

Cheating to me is about the deceit. People get upset by it because they've been excluded from something extremely important. It's interesting - there are people, in rare cases, that feel no jealousy at up to and including physical acts with others. They may even take pleasure in knowing the other person is being made happier. But as soon as it happens without their knowledge, it gets very upsetting to them.

I've always believed that the thing that upsets people is not anything actually related to the other person, but to the belief that they'll be left behind for something "better". That's a very fundamental and deep fear, and unfortunately it can be reasonable. But I find it very sad that loving another person emotionally is seen as unforgivable by a very large number of people - I still care about all my exes, in some way. My current partner has never grudged me that, because he's acknowledged to me that he still loves his. It doesn't lessen what I feel for him at all.

Why should people hate each other if they love each other?
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 09:55:32 pm »

... I wish the bar for polite conduct toward the fairer sex would be raised, so what I do out of habit doesn't seem like above and beyond flirting.

There aren't enough words for me to express how much I agree with you. Its amazing how many girls in my college think I am a total man slut because I am polite to them.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:28 pm »

There aren't enough words for me to express how much I agree with you. Its amazing how many girls in my college think I am a total man slut because I am polite to them.

They don't think you're a man slut.  They think you're a wannabe man slut.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:26:37 pm by Footkerchief »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 12:54:34 am »

Yes, to be a real man slut, you have to treat women like dirt. That's the message they're secretly trying to get to you!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:53 am »

Telling them how nice their cleave is today isn't polite, by the way.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 02:16:48 am »

I'm generally fairly polite to people who don't go out of their way to make my life worse. I don't get weird looks, though. Maybe it's an American thing.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 04:57:19 am »

Telling them how nice their cleave is today isn't polite, by the way.

Touché, lol
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.
Pages: 1 [2]