Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Community City State fort  (Read 3735 times)

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Community City State fort
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:32:39 pm »

with dwarf fortress 2010 being out, and having burrows now, i was thinking about making a city state fort, more specifically, a community city state fort. the basic idea is that you would claim a dwarf, name it, and explain what sort of fortress he/she should build. if you are interested in this, and would like a dwarf if it does get started, post something here to that effect. if enough people are interested, i will do this.

if you don't know what i'm talking about
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Challenges#City-States

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Community City State fort
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:09:25 pm »

I'd like to get in on this. I'll take a mason/mechanic dwarf, and build myself a nice little mini-castle. Complete with working drawbridge and stone everything.

Maybe I can talk the farmer and the miner into joining me. We'll be the IMPERVIOUS TRIOOOO
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:41 pm »

Sure! I will be in on it!

A humble farmer/wood worker who has set off to seek a better life for himself! Fortress features wooden furniture, and the main form of defense is a tower over the entrance that allows for shooting down at the enemy with a wooden cross bow!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »

I'll take a speardwarf/smith. He'll forge *cough* an empire out of a hill, and defend its gate to the last! A pick may be needed to mine for ore with.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ShadowRHK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:31:14 am »

Mason / Glassmaker.

Skyscraper Dwarf. Green Glass Walls all the way up. Basement farm. ^_^

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:50:51 am »

Axedwarf.Skullthrone.make it happen.

In all seriousness,I'd like an axedwarf / weaponsmith.Have basically a big forge and training barracks.have a secret shrine room with tons of skulls.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:31 am »

it seems people are intrested, so i am going to try and find a interesting site (hopefully with a volcano and a river) i will probably get started on this in the morning

Wurm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:12 am »

Fisherdwarf/woodworker, and would create a fishing hut by a walled off section of the river/brook.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:05:03 am »

Fisherdwarf/woodworker, and would create a fishing hut by a walled off section of the river/brook.

Hey, we can be neighbors, as I'm going to have a little wooden tower by a farm.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 05:27:25 am »

Craftsdwarf,
Build a red tower, preferably made from bauxite or kaolinite
If sad, apply kittens.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 05:50:05 am »

When you have a free spot ill take one. Make him a mason/miner and make him carve out a temple into the volcano with magma lineing the walls, floor heating by having magma under the floor, fully engraved walls and a fully engraved[walls,floors and all ] SECRET sacrifice pit to the magma gods [with magma at the bottem {Dah}]

BONUS: Have a magmafall somewhere in it protected by glass

[Only if you find a magma site of course, if not just a temple would be good]

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 10:21:30 pm »

The journey had been wearing on all of you. you were told to head to the foreboding glacier and set up a outpost. fate had other plans for you 7. all the traveling was taking its tole on the wagon, and all the extra supplies weren't helping it. 5 picks, 2 axes, 2 anvil's, and a massive quantity of food. all of the traveling and getting the wagon unstuck was wearing on everyones nerves. near the base of the volcano "The cinders of Acting", after crossing a small river, the wagon finally gave up. all 4 wheels shattered simultaneously, and the wagon stopped, for the last time. at this point, a argument broke out

"Doomshifter, if you hadn't piled all the anvils on one side, the wagon would still be ok"
"well Max White, if you had gotten off the wagon and actually helped push, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess"
"as i recall it, Barbarossa spent more time slacking on the wagon than i did"

this quickly descended into a fistfight, and after everyone had calmed down, it was realized that the only thing left to do was for everyone to go their separate ways.

64-bit, Human Gamer/Student/Programmer Cancels Life: Strike the Earth X7
DFMA of the embark site, i finally found one that had a river, forest and a volcano. it is a 7X7, but thats my problem really.
 http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8479-cityshaken

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »

I guess I'm too late, but I'm deffinitly keeping my eye on this!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:40 am »

Damn that Max White and his wood... *shakes fist* >:|

Well! First order of business. Claim a pick before anyone else! Start a small quarry, I need stone! And then I need to set up a small, walled off area and build a farm plot inside, as well as a table and a chair. Also, I need a door. This will be my temporary house till I have migrant workers adopted into my Mason's guild, when I will start building up a wall. A mighty wall to keep that Max out! Haha~
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 05:46:32 am »

Blasted Doom shifter! Us being stuck here is all hes fault!
First order of business, the axe of coarse! Gotta grab one quick! Now to see if I can find a nice spot to start the farm. Near the river should be nice, but not too close! I'll clear the area of trees and herbs before building a small farm and start planting!

Once a few plants are set I'm going to need a place to live. I should chop down enough trees for a 9 by 9 square room, leaving a gap for door, no need for a roof yet! If I manage to get all that done this season then inside I'll build a brewery in one corner, a kitchen in another, and a carpenters workshop in the third, then get started on the door, a chain, a table and a bed before I start cooking and brewing. I'm going to need food, so I can laugh while the others starve!

I have taken time to draw up the plans here!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4