Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Community City State fort  (Read 3748 times)

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community City State fort
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

Could I claim the first blacksmithing migrant to make a metal utopia. All furniture and doors shall be made of METAL.
Call him Goraillion, with unique job name "The Smith".

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:31 pm »

I think i am going to try and write a update every season, unless nothing happens somehow.
Right now, my fps is around 90, which is very good. when i started the map, it was hovering around 30. it seems that burros definitely help the speed, and if used properly, i think they could speed up a normal fort.

also, because burros actually make this fairly easy to manage, i think i am going to allow a few more people to grab immigrants and start a few more forts. i know 2 people posted about getting the next dwarfs, so i will give them to them. i will have a total of 12 city-states, so , the first 2 dwarfs go to gyron and nuker w. that leaves us with 3 empty slots. first come first serve. i am probably going to take a dwarf and make him a hole in the ground with farm plots. his entire life will be bookkeeping everything for my amusement.

Summer 1501 Update
After a short period of time moving stuff around, i finally got all the dwarfs separated into their own areas. some of them are doing well, and 2 of them are not. some dwarf listened better and got off to a good start. some did not.

Doomshifter
So far, you have a quarry and the beginnings of the temporary wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max White
you have gotten most of your house built, and have grown a few plants allready.

Barbarossa
you couldn't find a hill, but you did manage to find a massive mountain, which seemed like a much better place.

ShadowRHK
you are in a panic. it appears that the entire map is entirely devoid of sand. this is odd, seeing as one of the biomes was named "The Furious Dunes". you even went so far as to dig a tunnel down into the earth in a desperate attempt to find some sand. you found a cool underground cavern, but that also had no sand.

SIGVARDR
you found a really cool place on top of a mountain, that branched into 3 separate peaks. for a while you decided that trying to help other people was a better idea than digging your farm and moving buckets of water. this is now fixed, but you don't have much to show right now.

Wurm
you have gotten a small house built, and part of a wall. right now the stream has very few fish in it, but they seem to be migrating in, because the stream started with 0 fish in it.

Sir Broccoli
you have gotten a underground farm set up, and you are searching for the elusive red stone. you have nothing to show for this yet, but by fall i hope to have found some.

EDIT: images spoilered for size (forgot about that)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:24:37 pm by 64-bit »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 05:43:19 pm »

If there are any available dwarves, I request a mason dwarf.
He will live in a small house, preferably underground. He would live off of animals and imported booze. The house would be made of any igneous rock.
He would also be a mechanic, and build traps to defend himself.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:53:22 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

I'll grab a migrant-state in that case! If possible, he would live in a tiny fort built out in the middle of an underground lake. He'd be a fisher dwarf mainly, but also have hunter type skills to defend his fort from the beasties!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:50:33 pm »

Hmm, interesting. I'll take a migrant when one becomes available. Once I have a dwarf I can decide what he/she will do.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 06:11:52 pm »

So it would seem that things are going well! But I should finish building the house before making other plans. The three things every dwarf needs are food, shelter, and most importantly booze! I shall have my stronghold, and when the others come running, I'll be inside drinking nice warm beer by the fire place.

On second thoughts, nothing sounds nice about warm beer and a burning wooden house. Lets make it cold beer while I sit on the balcony!

But building first.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:13 pm »

We just got 6 migrants. the 5 that have asked have been dwarfed, and said dwarfs have started on their states. the 6th dwarf will live over the magma lake and keep meticulous records of everything. we have no more city states available, and all additional migrants will be distributed to the current states.

EDIT:
a few other things.
max white, you have finished your house.

ShadowRHK, more holes have been dug down to other underground caves, and even the magma lake, but, there is not a single grain of sand on the map. (and i cant seem to get tweek to add one), so if you have  a backup plan, now would be a good time for it
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:02:03 pm by 64-bit »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 10:16:49 pm »

Well that's a fine looking first house! Even if I do say so myself!
Now its time to get this all together, I hear a dwarf has been sentenced to record our progress, so I best make it look good!

Plan for the rest of the month:
~Harvest crops
~Plant more crops
~Make barrels
~Cook food
~Brew drink

If I can keep this up then I might have some trade goods ready for offering any local merchants. Maybe with time I will be able to afford to buy my way out of here and into greener pastures, away from that nasty Doomshifter!

And back to real life!
So how are we going to work nobles and trade? I'm thinking make a small village over the magma lake for them, run by 64-bit, with a trade deport.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:01 pm »

well, right now, all the new migrants are working together near the middle to pump out rock crafts, so that they can get their own picks and axes. as for how it will work the rest of the game, i think i am just going to build a tower somewhere, or possibly down by the magma, thats a interesting idea. and just whoever needed to trade something could trade it. i think i would manage it by using that move from stockpile option.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 11:00:33 pm »

SIGVARDR
you found a really cool place on top of a mountain, that branched into 3 separate peaks. for a while you decided that trying to help other people was a better idea than digging your farm and moving buckets of water. this is now fixed, but you don't have much to show right now.
BLOOD HELPING FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

That's cool.It will all go faster once everyone gets settled in a bit.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 04:33:30 am »

I think I shall pluck myself a few plants and start a little farm. Perhaps throw up a still and steal any free barrels around for my own private collection. Just because I'm protected from enemies doesn't mean I'm protected from those foul goblins and kobolds!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 05:09:23 am »

Could I get a trade depot and some rock crafts?

I SHALL BE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN TRADE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!
If sad, apply kittens.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 05:24:28 am »

Could I get a trade depot and some rock crafts?

I SHALL BE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN TRADE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry buddy, trade port is going to be built in public domain, meaning that I'M THE ONLY ONE TO TRADE! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ShadowRHK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 12:11:38 pm »

Curses! No sand.

A tower to the heavens then! Material be damned!

With room in the middle to pump magma to any floor I need.

THERE IS NO DORF ONLY ZUL ARMOK.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 12:16:14 pm »

When immigrants come, I want a mechanic/miner/mason (if you ever manage to find someone like that) who will try and carve out a deathtrap in the volcano and threathen the others into submission.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4