Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Community City State fort  (Read 3740 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community City State fort
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »

When immigrants come, I want a mechanic/miner/mason (if you ever manage to find someone like that) who will try and carve out a deathtrap in the volcano and threathen the others into submission.

Make shure you dont disturb my hidden sacrifice pit or my temple to the magma gods now, you hear?

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 03:58:09 pm »

Before i get to the update, i am sorry to say LordSlowpoke that we are out of slots for more entities. a dwarf named after you could join one of the other states when more migrants arrive.

Not much happened in the summer,just a continuation of the spring basically.  after the trade caravan gets here, we will be buying every last pick and ax that they have, and then all the new migrants will go their separate ways.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 04:14:39 pm »

I'm not sure how big the underground lakes are, but my ultimate goal would be to go from a hut on the lake, to an entire floating underground lake city.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:06 pm »

I decided to duplicate the save, and run reveal to see what we have. there is no red stone, so sir broccoli red tower is out, but there are large deposits of microline and orthoclase, so if you want the biggest eyesore ever, that would work. and i found 2 quite large underground lakes, that would fit a city.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »

exxxcellent *Mr. Burns pose*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 05:12:41 pm »

Was I given one of the Migrants? If so, can I see said dwarf's stats/abilities?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »

So, and I know I sound a little needy, but rest assured it is just interest, what are some of our preferences as far as our dwarf persona go? I would hate to buy a expensive beast from the elves to put in my room only to find I like cows for there moos...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 09:14:44 pm »

Things are going swimmingly! Are there any copper or iron veins in my mighty peak? What about flux?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 03:18:51 am »

I decided to duplicate the save, and run reveal to see what we have. there is no red stone, so sir broccoli red tower is out, but there are large deposits of microline and orthoclase, so if you want the biggest eyesore ever, that would work. and i found 2 quite large underground lakes, that would fit a city.

Aww carp.

Well, I guess a tower with walls of microline and floors of orthoclase would be cool too...

EDIT: Got it! Build a microline/orthoclase tower and then paint it red by throwing puppies and kittens off it.
If sad, apply kittens.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 03:34:43 am »

Personally I would have built a tower out of olivine and kimberlite, they seem to be EVERYWHERE now...

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 04:27:26 am »

alright, it turns out, if every person dose not have a pick AND a ax, things go very badly. a interesting note is that if a dwarf has something that he wants to store, and he/she wants it to go in a barrel (seems to happen mostly with seeds), but the only barrels are outside of their burros, they will just stand around with the seed in hand. even if there is a empty stockpile. basically, everything is going downhill. oddly some of the migrants snapped first, which surprised me. here is how it went

First, timferius snapped, and some guy with a pick killed him, i missed it because it was buried under pathing fail spam from people trying to shove things in barrels.

Then, mephansteras tantrumed, and gave me a good beating, with a pick, and then he calmed down. for a while, he was the happyist with 150.

after a delay of 2 months, i finally die from my wounds. on the other hand, the mass pile of dwarfs waiting for a community "hotel" to be built (like its going to happen) have gotten very happy, by talking, a lot.

then a random immagrant died of thirst (he went meloncoly after a failed mood

then there was the miasma, which sort of pused everyone in the temporay housing over the edge. brawl breaks out, most die. 4 dwarfs are still alive,  and i only have good hopes for 2 of them.

Max White has his nice little house w/ roof, and farm.

Wurm has a smaller house, thats less built, and half a wall. he has some fish, and a small strawberry garden for boozemaking.

this whole thing has gone horribly wrong, but i have learned things from it. expect a final update in the morning. there is a good chance i will try this again, it was quite fun. next time a site with sand and better minerals. and lots of picks and axes.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 04:56:47 am »

It hasn't gone horribly wrong until EVERYONE is dead.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 05:29:15 am »

Well,it was a good try.Probably should start out next time like any other fort,and once everyone is settled and has gear,then start on the city states.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 05:29:27 am »

Things have gone wrong, so horribly wrong! How could I have expected otherwise in a place like this. The others seem to be going mad, and there is little I can do from here.

Were dwarfs, and dwarfs aren't meant to be alone in the world, not with the dangers we face every day! I miss the others, and, more then anybody, I miss Doomshifter, we used to be such good friends, and we let such a silly argument get between us.

Time to make up for it! I will construct wooden coffins to preserve the memory of the dead, and hold a burial outside the house that was owned by 64-bit. He was such a hero, never taking sides, its the least I could do! Maybe if we were all a little more like him, this would never have happened...

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 01:12:45 pm »

1. 64-bit never had a house.
2. doomshifter is not dead .... yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4